Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
being that this emulator works better on windows pc
09-30-2013, 07:30 PM (This post was last modified: 09-30-2013 07:35 PM by tiamat989.)
being that this emulator works better on windows pc
Would it run better on a windows tablet because on my tablet theres a wierd graphic glitch on justice league heroes were the screen keeps flickering the load screen during gameplay
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-30-2013, 07:34 PM (This post was last modified: 09-30-2013 09:22 PM by TheDax.)
RE: being that this emulator works better on windows pc
Better on a Windows tablet than..what?

Anyway, if you plan on getting one, do NOT get one that runs Windows RT. PPSSPP doesn't run on Windows RT and never will unless Microsoft brings OpenGL support to it(or I guess if the DirectX backend gets completed, but I meant more at this moment in time). Make sure you get one that runs full-blown Windows 7/8.

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
09-30-2013, 10:18 PM
daxtsu is true that OpenGL ES 3.0 backend fast that 2.0? I know that OpenGL ES is for android stuff Smile
My laptor support OpenGL 3.0 it possible for backend for window version? (I mean OpenGL 3.0)

I worse write english so take easy on me
(even my own language realy bad T_T)

Rig to test now :
Windows 8 64 bit (Laptop)
Intel® Core™ i3-3110M (2.4GHz, 3MB L3 Cache)
Nvidia GT720M 2GB
10-01-2013, 05:59 AM
Well, OpenGL ES 3.0 and OpenGL 3.0 are very different things. Both OpenGL non-ES and ES 3.0 offer some improvements, I have no idea how significant, but some of the problems are not gonna go away one way or another.

About Windows RT: it also won't have jit AFAIU, so it'd be a really bad idea. That said, it's be great to have someone willing to test on a Windows tablet. I don't think we know if it even works properly, but attempts have been made...

-[Unknown]
10-01-2013, 06:02 AM
I could be wrong, but I think with a jailbreak on RT, JITed code can run.

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
10-01-2013, 11:09 AM
There's no OpenGL runtime on RT though AFAIK, I think we'd need to port the gpu stuff to DX11 to get that running. Doesn't sound like fun to me.
10-02-2013, 06:46 PM
ppsspp works great on a surface pro tablet(windows 8 pro, x64) with a USB controller.

on-screen analog works well, but on-screen buttons don't respond to tapping(siding/wiggling does work)
most likely because of how windows translates long-press to right-click, you'd probably need to use a metro interface to get touch controls working properly.

games play great, games that run choppy on a note 2 run at full speed(without frameskip!) on the surface pro.
and those games look amazing on a 10" fullHD screen, considering what they look like on a psp or vita screen.
several of the graphic glitches i've encountered on my note 2 don't occur on my surface, but there are still some games with glitches(like phantasy star portable 2, where some letters don't show right away and objects vanish when they're too far away)

my advice however: don't bother getting a windows tablet for anything less than €700{or $700 for americans) if you want to play games on ppsspp(or any games for that matter)
the surface pro is probably the cheapest windows 8 tablet that doesn't use an atom processor, and even though it plays everything at full speed it's clearly near the limits of what its little dual-core i5 can handle.