Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Migrating files to another folder?
10-01-2013, 11:54 PM
Migrating files to another folder?
What do I need to transfer from my current ppsspp folder to the new build I just downloaded to keep all my savadata the same? I transferred the "memstick" but that still does not load my games from the ppsspp way of saving it. It loads the game if i were to save it like a psp but not the ppsspp way where you can save in any time of the game. Help?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-02-2013, 01:01 AM
RE: Migrating files to another folder?
Sorry to inform you, but savestates are not compatible between different PPSSPP versions.

If you need extra explanation ~ they're basically memory dumps with some extra info and whenever something changes affecting them ~which is very common during such dynamic developement, loading older savestate would be from very buggy to even crashing, hence it's disabled.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
10-02-2013, 02:32 PM
(10-02-2013 01:01 AM)LunaMoo Wrote:  Sorry to inform you, but savestates are not compatible between different PPSSPP versions.

If you need extra explanation ~ they're basically memory dumps with some extra info and whenever something changes affecting them ~which is very common during such dynamic developement, loading older savestate would be from very buggy to even crashing, hence it's disabled.

I see, thanks for the info. So what should or can be transfer to the new ppsspp folder?
10-02-2013, 08:31 PM
(10-02-2013 02:32 PM)The Villain Wrote:  
(10-02-2013 01:01 AM)LunaMoo Wrote:  Sorry to inform you, but savestates are not compatible between different PPSSPP versions.

I see, thanks for the info. So what should or can be transfer to the new ppsspp folder?
Maybe you're game saves :
Open ppsspp folder -> open memstick -> open PSP -> savedata
(Or just copy the full memstick folder, it's up to you)
The savedata folder have the psp game saves

And maybe you're cheats if you have any :
Open ppsspp folder -> cheats
If you have any just copy the cheats folder but don't forget to activate the cheats again in the new build.

Smartphone :
-> Sony Xperia Tipo (Android 4.0.4)
CPU - ARM Cortex-A5 800 MHz / GPU - Adreno 200
RAM - 404 MB

PC :
OS - Windows 8 / CPU - Intel Core i3-3220 3.30 GHz
GPU - NVIDIA GeForce GT 620 / RAM - 4,00 GB