Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[PS2] A manly tear was shed.
09-27-2013, 02:40 PM
RE: [PS2] A manly tear was shed.
I use PCSX2 for games that have a realy long loading screen like Smackdown! vs Raw

But I still play many games on my slim PS2 Big Grin

Smartphone :
-> Sony Xperia Tipo (Android 4.0.4)
CPU - ARM Cortex-A5 800 MHz / GPU - Adreno 200
RAM - 404 MB

PC :
OS - Windows 8 / CPU - Intel Core i3-3220 3.30 GHz
GPU - NVIDIA GeForce GT 620 / RAM - 4,00 GB
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-27-2013, 03:34 PM
@Buko... thx, although I may need a tutorial. lol plus rep for the advice.
09-27-2013, 03:52 PM
(09-27-2013 03:34 PM)stodag Wrote:  @Buko... thx, although I may need a tutorial. lol plus rep for the advice.

You can get the basic instructions on how to install a Hard Drive on your thick PS2 in this link.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/369291

You may need a PS2 Network adapter to attach to your PS2's expansion bay (it's about 25 dollars) and a software called WINHIIP which formats the hard disk and transfer ISO files that will be stored in the drive using your PC and lastly HD Loader software which reads the hard disk after installation.An IDE cable and an IDE type hard disk is required for this process since the socket in the back of the thick PS2 is an IDE type, but as far as I know you can also use SATA type socket, but I think it was for the slim type. Anyway, I hope you manage to pull it off,and thanks for the reps up!Big Grin

Feel Free To Visit My Youtube Channel at: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGPnfU4q12x6vEWXv4Ftq8Q/videos
09-27-2013, 04:40 PM
no problem man.. I will defo look into thisSmile
I'm buying an Xbox 1 next week too, and I think the same or similar method is used there... difference being Xbox already has a hard drive built inSmile
I had one before with 30 plus games loaded onto it (hacked console) my mate did it, so I have little experience myself. thx again.
09-28-2013, 12:12 PM
Or if your PS2 bios is lower than v2.3, then you can simply just install FreeMCboot on your Memory Card to run games directly from your Flash Drives connected to the USB Port Tongue

● If you report (or happen to find any) game/mini/demo that's still not on the compatibility list yet even after 48 hours, you can PM me the link!
● Sorry for my bad english, I'm Indonesian.
09-28-2013, 12:26 PM (This post was last modified: 09-28-2013 12:27 PM by Terminator.)
guys, i have a slimline PS2. It stopped working long time ago.. laser cannot read CD, but it has power. So what measures can i take to run games? without repairing the laser... perhaps hack it?? a tutorial would be nice. Thanks in Advance! Smile
09-28-2013, 12:40 PM (This post was last modified: 09-28-2013 12:41 PM by mupralsh.)
(09-28-2013 12:26 PM)Terminator Wrote:  guys, i have a slimline PS2. It stopped working long time ago.. laser cannot read CD, but it has power. So what measures can i take to run games? without repairing the laser... perhaps hack it?? a tutorial would be nice. Thanks in Advance! Smile
If the bios is lower than v2.3, then you can simply install freeMCboot on your memory card (but you'll still need another PS2 with working laser to install it) now you can boot to a Flash drive where you put your Games, but you'll need a loader to actually play them, Open PS2 loader would be the best choice IMO.
If the bios is higher than v2.3, then you have to use a modchip in order to boot to a Flash Drive.
Sorry i can't give you the long tutorial right now, it's time for me to sleep Undecided
You can always use google, heh Tongue

● If you report (or happen to find any) game/mini/demo that's still not on the compatibility list yet even after 48 hours, you can PM me the link!
● Sorry for my bad english, I'm Indonesian.
09-28-2013, 12:47 PM (This post was last modified: 09-28-2013 02:23 PM by Buko Pandan.)
You can also follow this guide located here

http://whatusearch4.blogspot.com/2013/01...-slim.html

This method requires Swapmagic if your PS2 is not modded, you'll have to burn it to a disc in order for it to work, but the rest of the steps are easy to follow after that, it works on any PS2 Slimline type.

It's just a shame I never discovered this method before, I also had a slimline type PS2 back then but just gave it away since it can't read disc anymore. I never knew this fix method was possible.

Feel Free To Visit My Youtube Channel at: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGPnfU4q12x6vEWXv4Ftq8Q/videos
09-28-2013, 12:51 PM (This post was last modified: 09-28-2013 12:53 PM by stodag.)
luckily my lazer still worksSmile its good to know if it does break, there's methods I can follow.
09-28-2013, 10:17 PM
i did'nt play ps2 much,anyways i have already sold my ps2 long time ago to buy a laptop for my studies.but i'm still using pcsx2 eventhough it little slow,but ps2 in my country price now really cheap,maybe i will buy it again after i finish my studies.

my sub weapon:
xperia mini hd
1ghz scorpion
single core
not clocked

my ultimate weapon
acer(laptop)
2.2ghz ?core
intel media accelarator 3000

i'm a tester,but not as good as other,please be kind with me,haha.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-10-2014, 12:41 AM
Yeah, i still remember in 2009 - 2011, after my ps1 broken, i still wishing have a ps2. And then my older sister give me a ps2 slim.
I played almost of racing game, such like gt4, nfs underground 2 , nfs most wanted, etc. 2 years later my ps2 laser has not working, but i not affraid because i still can play ps2 on the game rentals and play pes 2013 on my internet cafe.

One question : did you have played ps3? If yes, what your first game you played in ps3?

me : ridge racer 7
01-12-2014, 03:25 PM
GTA 5Smile

S TO DA G
01-14-2014, 10:27 AM
shhh you gonna make my ps2 and ps3 fight again. I haven't even told them about the psp.
I remember the 1st playstation video game I ever played was twisted metal 2. and the 1st ps2 was okage shadow king. oh how time flies. so many ps2 games were great here my favorite ones:

Radiata stories
Rogue Galaxy
Katamari
Okami
Kingdom hearts 2