Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 4.2 Average
Ys Seven
03-02-2014, 03:25 PM
RE: Ys Seven
(03-01-2014 02:32 PM)theonyxphoenix Wrote:  Has there been any resolution to the problem with the Flame Sanctum since v0.9.7.1-3-gd22793e? It is still too dark to play through that dungeon.

I beat the whole game last week. The only bits of the the Flame Sanctum that are dark are the very first area you enter and the part where you have to run away from the monster as the floor is filling up with lava. The rest of the Sanctum was fine. And the two areas where it's dark are not like pitch-black, so it's playable (albeit annoying). But the whole Sanctum isn't like that, just those two rooms. So max your laptop's brightness, sit close and squint, then you should be able to power through the annoying 1-2 sections of darkness in the Flame Sanctum. It's irritating for the 5-10 minutes it takes but quite doable.

The only other issue I had in my complete playthrough was the game hanging during the end credits. However, it wasn't such a big deal because the only thing shown after the rolling credits is a still image with the word "Fin" so you're not missing anything. It's not like there was an extra scene or the ability to save after the credits, so it didn't really matter. (Plus you can just press "X" even during the hanging credits to get to the still image. So the only thing you're missing is seeing the credits scroll by).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-04-2014, 07:16 PM
Thanks RogueDoggie i went through the exate same thing but wasn't too worried about the end scene... but thanks for clearing that up.
05-06-2014, 06:17 PM
Does anyone have any pointers on playing this on touchscreen? Its somewhat difficult to use skills because you have to hold L and then press a button to perform them, making it a pain to move and perform a skill simultaneously. Just curious if anyone could tell me how they worked around this.
05-14-2014, 09:56 PM
has anyone had problems transferring save data from psp to ppsspp? I tried to load my old save data made from m33-6 phat psp, but it just stays at the title screen after it says load completed
06-05-2014, 02:47 AM
(03-02-2014 03:25 PM)RogueDoggie Wrote:  
(03-01-2014 02:32 PM)theonyxphoenix Wrote:  Has there been any resolution to the problem with the Flame Sanctum since v0.9.7.1-3-gd22793e? It is still too dark to play through that dungeon.

I beat the whole game last week. The only bits of the the Flame Sanctum that are dark are the very first area you enter and the part where you have to run away from the monster as the floor is filling up with lava. The rest of the Sanctum was fine. And the two areas where it's dark are not like pitch-black, so it's playable (albeit annoying). But the whole Sanctum isn't like that, just those two rooms. So max your laptop's brightness, sit close and squint, then you should be able to power through the annoying 1-2 sections of darkness in the Flame Sanctum. It's irritating for the 5-10 minutes it takes but quite doable.

The only other issue I had in my complete playthrough was the game hanging during the end credits. However, it wasn't such a big deal because the only thing shown after the rolling credits is a still image with the word "Fin" so you're not missing anything. It's not like there was an extra scene or the ability to save after the credits, so it didn't really matter. (Plus you can just press "X" even during the hanging credits to get to the still image. So the only thing you're missing is seeing the credits scroll by).

can i do the flame sanctum without read framebuffered to cpu/gpu? is it too dark?? because i got crash when i'm enabling read framebuffered to cpu/gpu
06-08-2014, 12:54 AM (This post was last modified: 06-08-2014 12:55 AM by RogueDoggie.)
(06-05-2014 02:47 AM)skybreathe Wrote:  
(03-02-2014 03:25 PM)RogueDoggie Wrote:  

can i do the flame sanctum without read framebuffered to cpu/gpu? is it too dark?? because i got crash when i'm enabling read framebuffered to cpu/gpu

Yeah, I went through it on buffered rendering mode, if I recall correctly. I cleared that section on a laptop many builds ago though, so I have no idea if anything has changed since then or if it varies on mobile. It was dark but doable, just an annoying 10 min section. Definitely not a game-breaker though =)
06-08-2014, 02:31 AM
Try using the latest git build and enabling "simulate block transfers". Does it work better?

If not, can you give me savedata or if not that a savestate for that area in the US version?

-[Unknown]
07-09-2014, 05:12 PM
It really dark(no change at all even with that option enabled)but if I increase the Gamma from my nvidia control panel and increase the brightness and contrast almost to the max on my monitor,the area becomes completely visible

Here's a US save if you need it [Unknown](I cleared the game with this save but I go and save to the area before Flame Sanctum.

Attached File(s)
.zip  ULUS105510004.zip (Size: 361.11 KB / Downloads: 372)

Using PPSSPP on Windows 7 x64 SP1
i7 4771 3.5Ghz,GTX750TI,16GB RAM

Batch iso <=> cso converter
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5384
Save Game\States Manager
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5516
07-09-2014, 06:47 PM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2014 06:47 PM by solarmystic.)
@vsub

I just had a go using your savedata in the Flame Sanctum, and it doesn't look dark to me at all.

It looks incredibly blurry however, almost as if the rendering resolution is forced to 1x (I'm using 3x RR and 3x Window Size)

(click to enlarge)
[Image: iDRETKsJvKIzF.jpg]

PPSSPP Modern Testbed:-
Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.0 GHz
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 760 2GB GDDR5 VRAM @ 1138/6500 Mhz
16 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1600 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1

PPSSPP Ancient Testing Rig:-
Intel Core 2 Duo T9550 @ 2.8GHz
ATI Mobility Radeon 4670 1GB GDDR3 VRAM @ 843/882 MHz
8 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1066 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1
07-09-2014, 07:14 PM
This is what I did.
1.Downloaded the latest rev(0.9.8-1582) and extract the archive
2.Start ppsspp and the game and then exit ppsspp(to create the folders)
3.Place the save in the SAVEDATA folder and start the game(no change to the settings except setting 3x RR)
4.Load the save and enter the Flame Sanctum
5.And this is the result(on my monitor,I don't see a thing once I enter the Flame Sanctum(there are areas that are completely visible but not the first one))

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Save Game\States Manager
07-09-2014, 07:48 PM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2014 08:22 PM by solarmystic.)
(07-09-2014 07:14 PM)vsub_ Wrote:  This is what I did.
1.Downloaded the latest rev(0.9.8-1582) and extract the archive
2.Start ppsspp and the game and then exit ppsspp(to create the folders)
3.Place the save in the SAVEDATA folder and start the game(no change to the settings except setting 3x RR)
4.Load the save and enter the Flame Sanctum
5.And this is the result(on my monitor,I don't see a thing once I enter the Flame Sanctum(there are areas that are completely visible but not the first one))

I did exactly as you did:-

[Image: ibx6vnrE5mSbdU.JPG]

I've a feeling the issue must be due to some required OpenGL 3.0 feature that your card is missing in order to display the picture correctly. The game's heat haze effects probably uses something like Blitting etc.

Okay, I can reproduce your issue, but only when Simulate Block Transfers is OFF. I guess your graphics card is not doing SBT correctly for this game.

[Image: ibvSqt8J0mPSkD.JPG]

When it's on, the brightness is normal. SBT is on by default in all current builds from the buildbot.

Windows 7 x64 SP1

8 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1066 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1
07-09-2014, 09:31 PM
By the way, any game that requires "simulate block transfers" for features like this can't have its render resolution increased for those effects (without rewriting the effect in OpenGL code for this particular game.)

It is indeed true that OpenGL 3 may definitely be required for some of these effects, although I'm not sure about this one. Does it work on mobile devices?

-[Unknown]
07-10-2014, 12:44 AM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2014 12:45 AM by solarmystic.)
@[Unknown]

On my JB'ed Ipad3, using Angelxwind's latest testing release (0.9.8-1574), the brightness/effect is a bit excessive:-

[Image: i4cM0WWwsxFqk.jpg]

This is with Simulate Block Tranfers enabled. That build does not have the "Disable slower effects" option, so CLUT and all the other exotic features are enabled.

Windows 7 x64 SP1

8 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1066 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1
07-10-2014, 12:55 AM
Hmm, still not black. I wonder if that is PowerVR specific or a problem somehow occurring on devices that don't support GLES3/etc.

-[Unknown]
07-10-2014, 03:09 AM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2014 03:13 AM by vsub_.)
(07-09-2014 07:48 PM)solarmystic Wrote:  I've a feeling the issue must be due to some required OpenGL 3.0 feature that your card is missing in order to display the picture correctly. The game's heat haze effects probably uses something like Blitting etc.

Hmm,if that's the case,then why was it working before with Read FrameBuffers to Memory CPU\GPU but it's not working now.
That's how I clear that part of the game...used rev that fixes this problem by using Read FrameBuffers to Memory CPU\GPU.

There are other revs on which it works but this is the first one I used to clear the whole game and it works with Read FrameBuffers to Memory CPU\GPU
PPSSPP v0.9.1-452-g3bae3c8

Save Game\States Manager