Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Henrik, what speed are you experiencing
01-14-2013, 01:25 AM (This post was last modified: 02-11-2013 05:09 PM by livisor.)
Henrik, what speed are you experiencing
Henrick i read somewhere jit is workin on your phone, i just wondered what speed your getting if any. thx
Also keep upthe great work.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-14-2013, 03:33 AM
RE: Henrick, what speed sare you experiencing.
well the recent video that someone posted in the other thread proof that there is already a good speed boost.

I hope there is a way to get more if the jit is already complete :/

Hey everybody, tired of the way games are reported here? look here ->> http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5901

--Current Mobile device--
Htc one, Xplay, Walkman z, Samsung ace IIx (crap)

--Current Computer--
1x (e8200, shitty ram (3go), 9600gt)
1x (e6750, better ram (2go), no video card)
1x (i5-3210M, ram (4Go),650M)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-14-2013, 08:49 AM
RE: Henrik, what speed sare you experiencing.
I think we will need things like stronger cpu etc dual thread, to see improvement thats really noticable, i never really thought it would be full speed on a sungle core but hey what do i know still hopeSmile
01-14-2013, 10:01 AM
There is lots left to do to improve speed. Not only can the JIT be even faster, but GPU drivers on mobile are generally very bad at dynamic geometry (which PPSSPP uses extensively) so I will have to compensate for that by caching vertex data, etc.

I expect that on reasonably modern phones (maybe a bit newer than my Nexus S) many 3D games but not all will be playable at full speed when fully optimized. But we will see. I will do my best to get good speed on slow phones too, but it will take time.
01-14-2013, 11:15 AM (This post was last modified: 01-14-2013 11:18 AM by stodag.)
ok cheers, Thats good to hear my phone has a chanceSmile

Yeah most emus especially 3d, fpse for example took about a year and half two years to be full speed, good compatibility etc so, im not expecting to much to early.
01-14-2013, 11:54 AM
Nice.... thanks.

Btw. Henrik, can you make a working build from the armjit branch for the mali 400...i wanna test it and let's see what kind of boost it can give to fairly modern android gpu's.

Well if you have time of course. (I know that you don't have much and will be happy if you just reply "no")

Ryzen 5 1600 @3.8Ghz
Sapphire Nitro+ RX480 @1.4Ghz
---------------------------------------------
Nokia 8 - Snapdragon 835
01-14-2013, 12:58 PM
(01-14-2013 11:54 AM)tiktakt0w Wrote:  Nice.... thanks.

Btw. Henrik, can you make a working build from the armjit branch for the mali 400...i wanna test it and let's see what kind of boost it can give to fairly modern android gpu's.

Well if you have time of course. (I know that you don't have much and will be happy if you just reply "no")

Hm, i don't think jit's crash is releated to gpu.i guess,right now it only works on arm cortex-a8 solutions
01-14-2013, 01:23 PM (This post was last modified: 01-14-2013 01:25 PM by stodag.)
yeah its an a problem with an instruction in our cpu, not the gpu.

Thatd what i was told Smile

I think Henrick uses A8 cpu, so maybe only works on them at the moment Sad

He will get there thoughSmile
01-14-2013, 03:12 PM
(01-14-2013 12:58 PM)JumperTwo Wrote:  
(01-14-2013 11:54 AM)tiktakt0w Wrote:  Nice.... thanks.

Hm, i don't think jit's crash is releated to gpu.i guess,right now it only works on arm cortex-a8 solutions

And why it works on a galaxy nexus? It has Cortex A9 but the same GPU then I think that this is not caused by the processor both use Armv7rev2 instructions.

Well it doesn't matter, anyway arm jit still have to improve a lot.
Let time to the time and they will do it.I only can say thanks to the developpers and support them buying the apk or reporting bug or those things.
02-10-2013, 01:41 PM
(01-14-2013 11:15 AM)stodag Wrote:  ok cheers, Thats good to hear my phone has a chanceSmile

Yeah most emus especially 3d, fpse for example took about a year and half two years to be full speed, good compatibility etc so, im not expecting to much to early.
Well actually Fpse took much more time! Schtruck made his first port of Fpse (PC version from LDchen I mean) more than ten years ago on Windows CE devices. Then he made the Windows Mobile version. Finally he made the Android version after ten years of coding Fpse for other platforms, so with experience from the other "mobile" version.

So I'm amazed to see what PPSSPP can already achieve, that's huge!
02-10-2013, 02:14 PM (This post was last modified: 02-10-2013 02:15 PM by Shinox.)
Henrik .. may i ask you , What is your main Focus on PPSSPP Project ?

Is it Mobiles / Tablets or PC !

Personally i would love to see all the improvements on The PC version more than anything .
02-10-2013, 06:29 PM
well, the pc version is working pretty well and I think the only thing left to do (because we already have good speed ahah) is increasing the compatibility which will affect all the platform ahah....

So I don't understand the meaning of focusing on pc version -,-'

Hey everybody, tired of the way games are reported here? look here ->> http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5901

--Current Mobile device--
Htc one, Xplay, Walkman z, Samsung ace IIx (crap)

--Current Computer--
1x (e8200, shitty ram (3go), 9600gt)
1x (e6750, better ram (2go), no video card)
1x (i5-3210M, ram (4Go),650M)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-10-2013, 08:11 PM
I switch my focus back and forth, I think all platforms are important. No need to worry.
02-11-2013, 02:58 PM
No matter what the result is .. keep up the good work Henrik Smile
02-11-2013, 04:12 PM
I'm working on emulating a womb to give a child to henrik