Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ouya
09-24-2013, 08:40 PM
RE: Ouya
(09-24-2013 05:05 PM)tenshin2002 Wrote:  Thanks for the reply!
However I dont think it can be a hardware issue as this ONLY happens in PPSSPP. I play Ouya native games with no problem, I play Mupen64 with no problems, I play FPSE and ePSXE with no problems... See where I´m going with this?
Yes I do, and I agree that this makes it unlikely to be a hardware problem.

Quote:I think It might be an Ouya/software problem but not hardware for the reasons above. I tried on two TV´s and with 3 different HDMI cables. Still ONLY PPSSPP behaves like this.
I agree that it does seem to happen on some software level, but since I don't get anything like your problems on my own OUYA, I'm leaning towards something other than faulty coding of PPSSPP here.

Quote:I even tried your tip about clearing data, uninstalling and then reinstalling. Same damn poor color output. I dont get it!
Neither do I, but it's not entirely certain that the clearing of data really removed everything involved. One way of testing that is to set a different language for PPSSPP, and then try clearing data and uninstalling. If PPSSPP after a new install then comes up with the same non-default language active, that would prove that its settings survived.

If your OUYA is rooted you can try using a file manager (I use the "ES File Explorer") to verify if the subfolder "/data/data/org.ppsspp.ppsspp" remains in storage after clearing data and uninstalling. You can then remove it manually, but be careful. The other stuff in "/data/data" is crucial for other apps and probably for some system services too.

As you can see from my comments above I now lean towards some weird PPSSPP setting causing your problem, as I can think of no other reason for our OUYA's to work so differently (now that you've verified proper operation with all other games and emulators).

Quote:Here are som Quick pics taken on the screen of the TV, but you can see what I´m talking about:
----- images not quoted -----
Yes, they do seem 'banded' to an extent never seen on my OUYA, though I don't recognize those scenes so I can't make a direct comparison.

Quote:Any other suggestions?
Well, in addition to what I said above, it might be useful to coordinate some tests, so that you and I both run the same game to a known scene where the picture holds still (or can be paused), so that we can both capture an image of the same scene for comparison.

As for the choice of games, I have a very extensive collection of RPGs, and very few other games. So if you name an RPG you have and which runs on your PPSSPP with that graphic error, I'll probably be able to test the same game at my end. And then you just have to tell me of a specific stable scene showing the error (and perhaps tell me how you got there), and then I shall try to produce an image of the same scene from my OUYA for comparison.

I almost forgot to mention that it would help to know exactly which PPSSPP version you use, so we use the same one in this test. The one I'm currently using was built today as the APK file "ppsspp-v0.9.1-1208-g4cba4ef-android.apk". Though new versions are built by the 'bot' all the time, it should still be fairly near the top of the build-bot list.

Best regards: dlanor
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Ouya - tenshin2002 - 09-22-2013, 05:04 PM
RE: Ouya - dlanor - 09-23-2013, 10:55 PM
RE: Ouya - livisor - 09-24-2013, 07:04 AM
RE: Ouya - dlanor - 09-24-2013, 03:04 PM
RE: Ouya - tenshin2002 - 09-24-2013, 05:05 PM
RE: Ouya - dlanor - 09-24-2013 08:40 PM
RE: Ouya - Henrik - 09-24-2013, 09:17 PM
RE: Ouya - dlanor - 09-24-2013, 11:57 PM