Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
Emulator performance test: iPhone 5S vs. LG G2
01-20-2014, 04:24 PM (This post was last modified: 01-20-2014 04:29 PM by noxcovenant.)
RE: Emulator performance test: iPhone 5S vs. LG G2
Just curious...wouldn't it be more useful to test the PPSSPP on the iPhone 5S vs the LG G2?

I ask because this topic pops up in google whenever I search for benchmarks on the PPSSPP and am disappointed to see it doesn't have any info on the most important aspect.

Instead, we're focusing on an emulator that is not very well optimized. I mean, if you can't render Killer Instinct Arcade by 2013, then there's something wrong with the code, not the hardware. Even the PPSSPP runs on a Galaxy S4 pretty respectably by now.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-20-2014, 06:46 PM
PPSSPP doesn't run at its actual speed on new snapdragon chipset. Let's wait for future optimizations. I'm thinking about buy a Galaxy S4, but I'm dismayed by this problem.

Phones: Poco F3 8GB/256GB (Snapdragon 870 5G) and Redmi Note 6 Pro 4/64GB (Snapdragon 636)

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 / 16GB RAM DDR4 3600MHz / NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti 6GB / Windows 10 Pro
01-21-2014, 01:51 AM (This post was last modified: 01-21-2014 01:51 AM by noxcovenant.)
(01-20-2014 06:46 PM)GuilhermeGS2 Wrote:  PPSSPP doesn't run at its actual speed on new snapdragon chipset. Let's wait for future optimizations. I'm thinking about buy a Galaxy S4, but I'm dismayed by this problem.

Which android runs it perfectly?

The dual-cores (i.e. non quad-cores)?
01-21-2014, 01:26 PM
No exactly. The problem isn't the number of cores, but the chipset. The Exynos in Galaxy S2, S3 and in some Galaxy Tab are working well (I wouldn't say perfect), even being dual-core or quad-core. I don't use the multithread option enabled, so the emulator uses only a core, but I get a performance better than a single-core, because I have two cores working on my phone processing the emulator and other background apps, instead only one for it all.

Phones: Poco F3 8GB/256GB (Snapdragon 870 5G) and Redmi Note 6 Pro 4/64GB (Snapdragon 636)

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 / 16GB RAM DDR4 3600MHz / NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti 6GB / Windows 10 Pro
01-21-2014, 04:11 PM
I have a ios but you can not buy a phone even apple vs large number of mobile companies coming to android,is like saying that the mac are definitely better than all the pc is not,should not be so apple fanboy to see reality
01-22-2014, 11:44 PM
Iphones are not designed to play games since screen of those phones are simply too small comparing it to S3 or S4 Smile next thing to compare are Cores and power of those cores Apple will never get better performance i wonder why do they even release each year new iPhone with only cosmetic updates Smile but who cares . Anyway i can say G2 runs it way much better cause fot huge load of power and ram my friend got it .

O hai! Testing everything Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE Android 4.3

O bai! Did you witness my power?
01-23-2014, 01:37 AM (This post was last modified: 01-23-2014 01:57 AM by noxcovenant.)
Here's my humble opinion...

The PROBLEMS with the iPhone 5s:
- Small Screen.
- Too expensive!!! (Still $149.99 on contract versus my Galaxy S4 which I got for $0)
- Jailbreak often required (which means waiting several months before upgrading to the newest ios and small risk of brick)

The PROS with the iPhone 5s:
- Small Screen can also be a plus. (I enjoyed my HTC Shift G which was smaller - allowed for discrete gaming so didn't look goofy in professional places)
- The specs on the iPhone are pretty respectable. The dual-core 64 bit processor allows it to run PPSSPP pretty decently as I've seen on Youtube.
- The accessories are second-to-none. iPhone gamepads are very discrete and slick (see: Bladepad).

Overall, still wouldn't recommend it, unless you're getting it for real cheap and don't mind the problems. But seeing how Apple is a master of price-gouging, don't expect any significant price drops until the iPhone 6 comes out. But even then, don't expect any amazing deals. Apple was still asking $49.99 for their on-contract iPhone 4s last September (versus the Free Quad-Core LG Optimus G). lol. Gotta give kudos to Apple's marketing though. They're shrewd enough to know it will still sell. People love the iPhone brand. It's basically a status symbol now.
01-23-2014, 06:01 PM
Honestly, I don’t like IOS either! Besides the price (can’t be serious, right), I don’t like the way you have to use Itunes to do almost everything!!

For that reason, I think android is easier to use, and It doesn’t require jailbreak or anything alike!!

Very happy with android since my first device (LG).

I was an Xperia Play gamer until my dog ate my beloved phone!

Now I’m an Xperia ZL/ZQ gamer!
Quad-Core 1.5 GHZ
2GB RAM

It works better, but i miss the gamepad!! T_T'
01-29-2014, 09:45 AM
The 5s is the best phone here

better build than the Samsung & LG
better OS
better camera
etc

The speed of the internet depends on what connection you are using. Not the phone.
01-29-2014, 02:40 PM
Looks like an apple fanboy. Dodgy

01-29-2014, 03:21 PM
Totally fan boy!! Big Grin

Will never change my Android unless Nintendo releases the WiiPhone!!

[Image: f664039484fd11e3b5f8122668b8a817_8.jpg]

I was an Xperia Play gamer until my dog ate my beloved phone!

Now I’m an Xperia ZL/ZQ gamer!
Quad-Core 1.5 GHZ
2GB RAM

It works better, but i miss the gamepad!! T_T'
01-29-2014, 03:36 PM
iphone 5S run at full speed any game on mame reloaded whithout speed hack.

loved my iphone 5S