Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
Emulator performance test: iPhone 5S vs. LG G2
09-21-2013, 12:28 PM (This post was last modified: 09-23-2013 01:29 AM by Terminator.)
Emulator performance test: iPhone 5S vs. LG G2
As promised, here is Ki running on the new iPhone 5S:

LG G2 vs. iPhone 5S - Killer Instinct (mame4droid/ios) (Gridlee)

* it can only get faster with newer iPhones and iPads. This game runs worse on Galaxy S4 & LG Optimus Pro G2 (both use more RAM & cores). Using Seluco's mame4ios [iPhone] mame4droid [LG G2] v3 (Gridlee)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-21-2013, 01:30 PM
RE: Killer Instinct Arcade
minor difference in both is very slow.
09-21-2013, 02:02 PM (This post was last modified: 09-21-2013 02:03 PM by Terminator.)
RE: Killer Instinct Arcade
It's quite remarkable that despite having just two cores and a gigabyte of RAM, the iPhone 5S was able to beat the quad-core LG G2 with 2GB of RAM, and other Android phones with high-end specs. Apple's tight integration of hardware and software as well as its vertically integrated approach helps it optimise in ways other manufacturers can't, due to lack of control over some parts of their smartphones. So even though Apple might not have the most RAM or the highest number of cores, you can be sure that iOS is fine-tuned to squeeze every bit of performance from the hardware on-board.
09-21-2013, 04:54 PM
RE: iPhone 5S vs. LG G2 [Killer Instinct Arcade]
its good.but this year not buy any apple device.

needed big screen.maybe iphone 6
09-25-2013, 04:55 PM (This post was last modified: 09-25-2013 04:56 PM by Henrik.)
RE: Emulator performance test: iPhone 5S vs. LG G2
Terminator, I think the reason is just that the iPhone 5S has a more modern CPU architecture. The new 64-bit ARM cores are apparently very powerful per clock, even in 32-bit mode. And emulators don't tend to use large numbers of cores very effectively.

Just wait for the 64-bit Android phones.
09-26-2013, 09:42 AM
@henrik, "Just wait for the 64-bit android smartphones" yes they will be powerful... But they will sure be inefficient in comparison to iPhones hardware. You'll get more out of it, whilst on android... It will be just raw power that is going to waste and not showing silky performance in rich graphical games.
09-26-2013, 11:26 AM (This post was last modified: 09-26-2013 11:28 AM by VIRGIN KLM.)
You do realise that iPhone 5S CPU is manufactured by Samsung right? Plus that Samsung announced that they will be using from now on these CPUs on their upcomming products? I'm 100% positive that the first bunch of Androids with 64bit CPUs and Android 4.4 KitKat will perform ALOT better than iPhone 5S.
09-26-2013, 12:48 PM
Then let that be our bet KLM Smile
09-26-2013, 03:09 PM (This post was last modified: 09-26-2013 03:11 PM by Terminator.)
iPhone 5S slaughtered all the leading smartphones by a ton, in the benchmark tests. Embarrassing as the other phones are more "powerful"... more cores, more ram.
09-27-2013, 12:03 AM
if you like apple devices, i would advise any of you to wait for the iphone 6(which will be 64 bits with more ram and a better graphic chip) otherwise if you prefer Android than 64bit devices will be coming out with at least 4gigs or more of ram.the future for emulaors is looking bright especially considering that there is already dolphin (written in 32-bits for the moment)for android devices.
09-27-2013, 12:24 AM
The way that Apple works with their device upgrades, their devices will never be able to top Android market's rivals for a longer period scheme than a month or something because it's technicaly impossible to keep up that fast and that effectively with a yearly upgrade (if that) and not offer more possible variables than just a previous model, a current model and a cheaper model that offers colored backs which is just a pallete swap of their previous model is a masked "idea" that you purchase something different when infact you buy exactly the same thing. Their marketing and manufacturing practices is a completely alien scenario to earth standars. I mean I don't really have anything against Apple, I don't hate their products at all, but they are some light years away from being worth the money you pay for and are no way even near the best products (at any aspect) you can buy out there on the competition, period. I am yet to understand what is the idea that Apple insist on thinking they are the best on the competition so they should offer their products on such premium prices, that's a sign of mental illness to be honest, it's delusional.
09-27-2013, 01:44 AM
im not debating about my preference relatively to facts. A user's choice in smartphone platform is opiniated and personal.Some people prefer ios , some others prefer Android.To debate this is childish like people who fight for ps4/xbone,pepsi/coca-cola , mac/pc etc. We get it ! human beings have preferences.It does not make one s opinion universal even if i respect your right to have your opinion.That being written , i love iphones but i dont like how Apple handles their devices . My experience wih it is a lot more stable than what i encountered in the Android universe.Dont get me wrong, everybody wants the best specs but the app store is still my favorite smartphone market period.
10-17-2013, 09:14 PM
(09-21-2013 02:02 PM)Terminator Wrote:  It's quite remarkable that despite having just two cores and a gigabyte of RAM, the iPhone 5S was able to beat the quad-core LG G2 with 2GB of RAM, and other Android phones with high-end specs. Apple's tight integration of hardware and software as well as its vertically integrated approach helps it optimise in ways other manufacturers can't, due to lack of control over some parts of their smartphones. So even though Apple might not have the most RAM or the highest number of cores, you can be sure that iOS is fine-tuned to squeeze every bit of performance from the hardware on-board.

Not remarkable at all. The biggest factor here is the much higher resolution the G2 is running at. Go play a PC game at 720p and then 1080p to see how big of a difference it makes on the framerate. This is why the Moto X can keep up in benchmarks with the current flagship handsets. Varying resolutions skews results.
10-17-2013, 09:55 PM
Might be interesting if you can test both phones with Nindendo DS emulation through Retroarch(Desmume Core).
10-18-2013, 07:44 PM (This post was last modified: 10-18-2013 07:45 PM by Terminator.)
(10-17-2013 09:14 PM)YourDemize Wrote:  
(09-21-2013 02:02 PM)Terminator Wrote:  It's quite remarkable that despite having just two cores and a gigabyte of RAM, the iPhone 5S was able to beat the quad-core LG G2 with 2GB of RAM, and other Android phones with high-end specs. Apple's tight integration of hardware and software as well as its vertically integrated approach helps it optimise in ways other manufacturers can't, due to lack of control over some parts of their smartphones. So even though Apple might not have the most RAM or the highest number of cores, you can be sure that iOS is fine-tuned to squeeze every bit of performance from the hardware on-board.

Not remarkable at all. The biggest factor here is the much higher resolution the G2 is running at. Go play a PC game at 720p and then 1080p to see how big of a difference it makes on the framerate. This is why the Moto X can keep up in benchmarks with the current flagship handsets. Varying resolutions skews results.

Actually even take a moment to understand that -- benchmarks used output to a 1080p off-screen buffer in order to have the same effect regardless of the display used, although there are in fact some that just output directly to the screens native resolution. So still ,iPhone 5s out-performs this G2 even IF iPhone 5s was to use a 1080p resolution.