Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
IPhone 5s, a good thing for emulators, or the death of them? (Article)
09-17-2013, 05:50 PM
IPhone 5s, a good thing for emulators, or the death of them? (Article)
On Sept. 10th Apple had a conference where they released IOS7, IPhone 5c, and IPhone 5s. The IPhone 5c will simply be running IPhone 5 specs, but will be cheaper and plastic. Here is the good news, IPhone 5S has all new specs Big Grin I will post the specs that may be of use to us emu users.

1) 16-128gb of memory. (obviously any gamer can see why that is a good thing)
2) Apple A7 chip. Now I'm not 100% sure what all this thing can do yet, however it was said by apple to be twice as fast and stong as any phone they have released so far.
3) It will have a dual CPU core. (which actually isn't anything new)
4) The new IPhone 5s will be running on a 64bit.
5) IOS7 will be on released for all devices, and be the standard for IPhone 5s.

Now what does this mean for us IOS users? Speed, performance, and the possibility that we will lose all emulators. In order for a EMU to actually work on IOS we need to be jailbroken, and that can cause big problems when apple is trying to patch it all. Many IOS users are already wanting to know "can IOS7 be jailbroke?" well the answer is.... maybe. According to Evasi0n it has already been done in the IOS7 beta, and will be released as soon as IOS7 is released for download to the public. That doesn't mean that IPhone 5s can be jailbroken. 5s is going to be running a lot of new specs, as I have stated, and one that has jailbreakers nervous is the 64bit. With this new feature teams will have to find all new exploits and vulnerabilities, because if they can't, it's the end of emulators for IOS.

How amazing would it be if Cydia decided to just quit jailbreaking and made it's own Mobile OS?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-17-2013, 06:46 PM
RE: IPhone 5s, a good thing for emulators, or the death of them? (Article)
Generally the OS is jailbroken/rooted and not the device specs.As long as they keep the security flaws secret until 5S's are commercially available with ios 7 everything should be allright.Of course Apple is going to release 7.1 as patch and whatnot. As for emulators you can only guess that it is going to run better then current gen apple devices and if ppsspp will have an ios 64bit version all the more reason to have the best performance.
09-17-2013, 07:07 PM
The specs normally don't affect it yes, but jailbreak tool makers have post that the 64bit will be a lot harder to find vulnerabilities in it. I am hoping the 64bit will not cause any problem, but it could.

How amazing would it be if Cydia decided to just quit jailbreaking and made it's own Mobile OS?
09-17-2013, 08:05 PM
Solution: forget Apple and buy an Android device. Smile
09-17-2013, 08:44 PM
(09-17-2013 08:05 PM)Squall Wrote:  Solution: forget Apple and buy an Android device. Smile

+1 ! Wink

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
09-17-2013, 09:50 PM
(09-17-2013 08:44 PM)vnctdj Wrote:  
(09-17-2013 08:05 PM)Squall Wrote:  Solution: forget Apple and buy an Android device. Smile

+1 ! Wink
+1

It will need a new JIT aswell so Jailbreaking won't be the only obstacle.
09-17-2013, 10:51 PM

What he said.

+1
09-18-2013, 12:08 AM (This post was last modified: 09-18-2013 12:10 AM by VvGHOSTvV.)
I would, but I prefer a decent OS Wink maybe in a few years Wink

Though it will hold back the jailbreaking, the new iPhone will be faster, better, smoother, all around more advanced the androids phones. So I will stick with it Tongue

09-18-2013, 12:31 AM
It won't take too long until Android technology could catch up though.

Supposedly.
09-18-2013, 01:39 AM
(09-18-2013 12:31 AM)Razorback Wrote:  It won't take too long until Android technology could catch up though.

Supposedly.
Samsung already announced that from now on all their upcoming devices will be based on 64-bit ARM processors plus I BET Android 4.4 Kitkat will bring 64-bit support on devices and there is a slight possibility the accidentaly leaked Nexus 5 is a 64bit device. So the too long is a matter of a couple of months to be accurate.
09-18-2013, 05:36 AM
(09-17-2013 09:50 PM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote:  
(09-17-2013 08:44 PM)vnctdj Wrote:  

+1 ! Wink
+1

It will need a new JIT aswell so Jailbreaking won't be the only obstacle.

+1 !!!!

I don't exist anymore, no use calling a dead person
09-18-2013, 10:50 AM

Are you working with google xD
i am joking of course Smile but i think that each platform has its goods
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-18-2013, 02:11 PM
Don't forget iPhone 5S will have - OpenGL ES 3.0, better graphics. Killer Instinct Arcade for mame4ios could potentially run smooth for once with 64-bit processing too Smile
09-18-2013, 05:42 PM (This post was last modified: 09-18-2013 06:02 PM by VvGHOSTvV.)
Well IOS 7 Jailbreak is supposedly going to be dropped *(released) soon, we will see what happens Wink

09-18-2013, 05:53 PM
(09-18-2013 05:42 PM)VvGHOSTvV Wrote:  Well IOS 7 Jailbreak is supposedly going to be dropped soon, we will see what happens Wink

dropped.. but why? is due to the 64-bit processor..