Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 2 Average
Port of PPSSPP to the OpenPandora
05-06-2013, 09:32 AM (This post was last modified: 05-06-2013 09:32 AM by xsacha.)
RE: Port of PPSSPP to the OpenPandora
A lot of those changes can't be merged.

* Alpha hack breaks some games still AFAIK.
* Cores are set to 2 already, no need to hardcode it everywhere.
* kill is already defined in signal.h for Pandora according to source?
* rt shouldn't be needed
* How come frameskip is modified?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-06-2013, 12:23 PM
Yes, Alpha Hack break some game, but make other much faster, at least on the Pandora with its SGX GPU, that's why I putted it in the option screen.
Ok Cores, didn't checked.
Yes, kill is include in signal, but all Rx conflict with other defined Rx in signal, and undef them is not enough (there are not all #define, so cannot be undef)
rt was needed at some point. Didn't check lately if it was the case (for the gettime function IIRC)
I didn't really modifiy Frameskip. I remove the VSync (Pandora specific), and used the Win32 code for FrameSkip. I also modify menu to have 6 FrameSkip choice in stead of 3 (not sure it's a good thing).
05-06-2013, 12:58 PM (This post was last modified: 05-06-2013 01:10 PM by xsacha.)
I merged most of the native changes. VSync was commented out so I left that out. Was that intended?

I think we discussed Alpha Hack on github Issues before and Henrik thought there was a better way of doing it?

Which functions are conflicting? I don't understand 'Rx' (do you mean R0, R1, ..?) . If there's something we can rename or namespace, it will be much nicer than that hack redefining the function.

I think frameskip of 3 is enough. Games are very jerky if it runs at 3! Not sure if the Pandora CPU can handle generating up to 6, but if it can the games probably wouldn't be playable.
05-06-2013, 03:41 PM
Thanks for merging. Yes the VSync was commented out on purpose. I prefer without VSync for now.

About the Alpha Hack, there must be some clever way to do it automaticaly. I tried to do some analysis of the texture (when caching it), to get lowest and higest alpha value of it, and check the Alpha with this, but it didn't worked. I didn't tried anything alse since.

The Rx are R0, R1 .. etc, you are right. I will redo so compilation (I recently upgrade build environnement to GCC 4.8.0) and give an exact error detail.

About Frameskipping, yes, I mainly wanted to experiment with higher frameskip, just to see. On some games, even frameskip produce just a black screen (Dissidia 012 for example, Slipt Second also does not like even frameskip). So I wanted more choices. But feedback from Pandora Boards is that FrameSkip 5 for example, make the game slightly faster, but to jerky to be enjoyable.
11-08-2013, 06:54 PM (This post was last modified: 11-08-2013 06:55 PM by Zero3K.)
There is now a Compatibility List made for this port which can be found by going to http://pandorawiki.org/PPSSPP_Compatibility_List.