Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
ios compatibility
09-13-2013, 04:35 AM
ios compatibility
I have an ipad 2 with a bluetooth keyboard and wanted to find out the steps to make my bluetooth keyboard work with ppsspp 0.9.1 help will b greatly apreciated
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-13-2013, 01:22 PM
RE: ios compatibility
The iOS port doesn't support keyboards at the moment as far as I know. I'm planning on doing a lot for external controller support, which includes enabling keyboards, I'm just trying to find the time.

Even if keyboards were working at the moment, the iCade support I built in would mess with things, so I'll be adding an option to disable/enable the iCade support as well.
09-13-2013, 04:30 PM
Oh jtraynham, that would be great!

I recently bought a new Logitech Bluetooth Keyboard for my iPad 4 and PPSSPP is recognizing the button clicks, but you can click each button once and stops reacting to button presses.

Maybe that's what you mean by "iCade support I built in would mess with things"?

Testing PPSSPP on:

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.4
iPad 4, iOS 7.0.4

ASUS Notebook
Windows 8 64-Bit
8GB RAM, Intel Core i7 processor @ 2,3 GHz
nVidia Geforce GT 635M 2GB
09-13-2013, 05:30 PM
(09-13-2013 04:30 PM)Burna91 Wrote:  Oh jtraynham, that would be great!

I recently bought a new Logitech Bluetooth Keyboard for my iPad 4 and PPSSPP is recognizing the button clicks, but you can click each button once and stops reacting to button presses.

Maybe that's what you mean by "iCade support I built in would mess with things"?

Yes, the iCade works by sending a keystroke when you press a button and then another keystroke when you release a button. So right now if you hook up a bluetooth keyboard, you should be able to press 'k' to make the X button go in and 'p' to make it release. All the other iCade buttons map to other pairs of keys. This is obviously not ideal if you are just trying to use the keyboard, which is why I need to make an option to turn off iCade mode.