Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 2 Average
Apple new fingerprint iphone 5s (short video)
09-11-2013, 09:56 AM (This post was last modified: 09-11-2013 01:12 PM by slamandar.)
Smile Apple new fingerprint iphone 5s (short video)

Apple's Phil Schiller announces a new fingerprint scanner, called the Touch ID sensor, which is integrated into the home button of the iPhone 5S. Users can now tap to activate, instead of pressing.

so what do you think of that ??

i m French sry for my English ^_^

Not everyone is an english native speaker.It's fine.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-11-2013, 12:33 PM
RE: Apple new fingerprint iphone 5s (short video)
nothing new..
at least for android users.
Android have had this for 3/4 years.
Apple again late show.
Maybe in 2 years they will have bigger screen.. lol
09-11-2013, 03:47 PM
Tell me some android devices with fingerprint scanner Smile
09-11-2013, 07:17 PM (This post was last modified: 09-11-2013 07:18 PM by stodag.)
Its an app... I had this on my first android phone xperia x8, 3 years back.
09-12-2013, 12:01 PM
Apps can be bypassed,I'm sure that they're the first ones to natively include a secure fingerprint scanner,I wouldn't switch to 5s just because of that though..
09-12-2013, 12:16 PM
why buy an apple i phone 5c/5s when we have xperia z and Google Edition Samsung Galaxy S4

Devices: iPad mini Wi-Fi ios 7.0.4 jailbroken,
iPhone 4s ios 7.1 JAILED.

(I accidently update my iphone 4s to ios 7.1 without checking if there's a jailbreak for 7.1)

im a filipino
09-12-2013, 03:38 PM
I'm a big fan of android, cheaper/more powerfull.. there's also a downside compatibility with apps. That's where iOS wins IMO. ( it just works).
09-13-2013, 02:57 PM
(09-12-2013 12:16 PM)Bread And Butter Wrote:  why buy an apple i phone 5c/5s when we have xperia z and Google Edition Samsung Galaxy S4

for apps , and good fast os .
Btw i am not an iphone fan boy , i owned and iphone 4 . i have a galaxy s3 now .. android is cool and all , you can customise it .. but its slow . not to forget google play is not very good compared to appstore .
and i have read that ppl where complaining about apple doing what android has been doing for sometimes now ... and here is what i say :
Android phones copy from cydia first , iphone copy from cydia later .
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-17-2013, 07:18 PM
I think it's a great new feature, not going to change the whole phone industry lol, but it will be very handy to have lying around you know? Just imagine being able to open your IPhone with the press of the home button, no passcode needed. Also no one can get into it but you Wink which is a major security thing I would enjoy. The only downside I see is well.... It's not exactly hard to steal someone's finger print. The screen has been made to not hold finger prints, however the back of the case can have fingerprints still Tongue so we all know that it will be easy to hack into Wink

How amazing would it be if Cydia decided to just quit jailbreaking and made it's own Mobile OS?
09-17-2013, 10:06 PM
(09-11-2013 03:47 PM)livisor Wrote:  Tell me some android devices with fingerprint scanner Smile

There are hints on Android 4.3 source (Jellybean API Level 18) for fingerprint sensor stuff and some devices (unannounced yet, Motorola and LG) so I bet you'll see it on devices with the release of Android 4.4 (KitKat).
09-18-2013, 06:15 AM (This post was last modified: 09-18-2013 06:15 AM by livisor.)
Recently I'm starting to be worried about this...I don't want my fingerprint stored in some icloud(although they say it isn't it wouldn't be the first time Apple lies)
09-18-2013, 08:46 AM
(09-18-2013 06:15 AM)livisor Wrote:  Recently I'm starting to be worried about this...I don't want my fingerprint stored in some icloud(although they say it isn't it wouldn't be the first time Apple lies)

NSA says hi.

Oh wait, it's not like I gave them ideas anyway
09-18-2013, 05:44 PM (This post was last modified: 09-18-2013 05:50 PM by VvGHOSTvV.)
If it is stored, then the government will easily get it Wink be paranoid. Maybe just chop off a friends finger and keep it in your pocket XD

(09-13-2013 02:57 PM)mestour Wrote:  
(09-12-2013 12:16 PM)Bread And Butter Wrote:  why buy an apple i phone 5c/5s when we have xperia z and Google Edition Samsung Galaxy S4

for apps , and good fast os .
Btw i am not an iphone fan boy , i owned and iphone 4 . i have a galaxy s3 now .. android is cool and all , you can customise it .. but its slow . not to forget google play is not very good compared to appstore .
and i have read that ppl where complaining about apple doing what android has been doing for sometimes now ... and here is what i say :
Android phones copy from cydia first , iphone copy from cydia later .

^ Cydia

How amazing would it be if Cydia decided to just quit jailbreaking and made it's own Mobile OS?
09-18-2013, 05:54 PM
Apples iPhone is amazing. Better optimisation between hardware & software. Which makes the weaker iPhone 5... faster than the more powerful android phones in bench tests. My iPhone 5 is faster at gaming load times than a Note 2. Just an example.
09-18-2013, 06:05 PM
*getting back on topic

I think the *built in fingerprint scanner* is a new thing. We haven't seen phones come with one yet. Yes we have seen apps that let you scan your finger via the screen. This however is a new and improved function. It seems to run fast, at multiple angles, and it works. I like it and would like to have it on my IPhone, however it isn't going to make me go buy one just because of a scanner.