Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Moga pivot/universal driver support and issues
01-24-2014, 11:23 PM (This post was last modified: 01-24-2014 11:26 PM by regiimoep.)
RE: Moga pivot/universal driver support and issues
Thanks a lot for the confirmation. Seems to be a general solution then. Sent you a PM with a more general question concerning the Moga Hero.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-02-2014, 08:58 PM
mapping now mostly works(I don't know who fixed the phantom keypresses, but thanks to whoever did it!)
there are still 2 issues affecting moga(pro?) users, and I've created proper github issue posts for them:

https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/issues/5312
D-pad doesn't work at all in native/pivot/A mode.

https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/issues/5314
(physical) analog/pressure sensitive buttons don't work in-game when they are mapped to the same (psp) button as a (physical) D-pad button using HID/compatibility/B mode.
02-24-2014, 05:43 AM
I completely forgot I posted this. The controls.ini should be in the sdcard PSP/System folder, at least it was last time I needed to modify it.

I also posted to the Github issue, but the "real" fix without forcing mapping is to verify motion on the MotionEvent and if there is none, pass it to the Dpad instead:

https://github.com/reicast/reicast-emula...c78f17cbc0
06-13-2014, 01:02 AM
For those who have the Moga Pro Power and are unable to map keys on an emulator, I have a solution to that problem. Unsync Mode A within the Moga universal driver apk, and add controller. But this time select Mode A&B setup instead of setup Mode A. Once you have finished doing so, exit and open any emulator you have downloaded(you dont have to have a game loaded) just open the emulator and go to the settings and wherever you go to map the keys.(make sure the controller is still on). And now you should be able to map the keys to your liking. Think of it this way( Mode B is there on your Moga Pro Power instead of having to download the Moga universal driver apk. Welcome :-) :-)
09-06-2014, 08:49 PM
I found out how to make moga work with ppsspp emulator without crashing phones(low power phones included). It should work with others as well. You need the pivot app and an app called moga vk. It doesn't crash at all like the universal driver and it is much easier to use. I have a pocket and I mapped the right analog as the d pad and the left analog as itself. Follow app's instructions found on play store. This is how I mapped it in moga vk:

A to button A
B to button B

Right analog:
X: >50 to d
<-50 to a
Y: w
S

After pocket controls are mapped in moga vk, enable it in settings and disable all other keyboards. Go to the ppsspp app and under control settings go to map controls.

Clear dpad controls and reenter them using the corresponding movements of the right analog. Then make sure button O shows pad1[B] and button x shows pad1[A]. For analog controls map with left analog on controller.

Note that pivot must be installed and connected also note that the controller doesn't seem to connect well when ppsspp is open, so connect then open. Anything else should be easy enough to figure out as you use it.