Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.25 Average
The 3rd Birthday
10-03-2015, 08:20 PM (This post was last modified: 10-03-2015 08:29 PM by brokenbirthday.)
RE: The 3rd Birthday
(10-03-2015 08:07 PM)LunaMoo Wrote:  @brokenbirthday I have no clue what 5 year olds you met that can draw fancy letter and long stright lines like it was in their nature, but if they do it by hand get an autograph before they grow up into famous artists and stop talking to you.;X

If you ask why it's rounded, that's because you're using high texture scaling. For ui it's actually just an improvement as it doesn't really change much from scaling other than eating all the aliasing. I don't really know what kind of ui you expected from a PSP game, but they all are very large and basic since they have to be visible on a tiny screen.

Pretty much all of our texture scaling methods except bicubic include xBRZ and will round the graphics which can look very bad for some in any game that tries to have realistic graphics. No wonder since it was designed for games with cartoon graphics, UI's which are basic and big like actually look fine with it.

I might be just not understanding what do you mean, since if rounding done by scaling would bother you, you wouldn't really write about UI, in fact it's probably the last thing to speak about looking bad with texture scaling in this game, just look at those nasty textures of ground and walls on your screenshot. Maybe you're just so close to a tree that you can't see the forest.;p Try disabling texture scaling completely and you will see how game was designed to look like, if you don't like either, you can always use lower scaling, x2 often looks pretty decent even in games which original feeling is ruined by x4 or 5 texture scaling.

Texture scaling is actually one of the first things I assumed it was. It's completely turned off. The reason I focused on the UI is because that's where it really bothers me. It makes the text and icons look like crap, in my opinion. I know some people may like this, but I would much prefer a blocky sharp pixelated look to the UI than this. Look at the computer icon in the attached screenshot, it just looks hideous to me. It's not a super big deal, and I can still enjoy the game, but I would like to turn it off if I can.

P.S. -- And of course I was exaggerating about the 5 year old painting it, but it does sort of look like a very sloppily painted UI to me.

EDIT: Nevermind. I just loaded the game back up and now the effect it gone. I tested it and it seems that you need to reload the game to get the changes in texture upscaling to take effect. Sorry about that, and thanks a bunch! =)

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-03-2015, 10:07 PM
Well if scaling was your issue maybe this will interest you - someone actually added a scaling which would work better for realistic looking games #6699 NNEDI3 which looks like this ~ yeah not really a realistic looking game example, but the difference should be obious;p - nicely scales image without any artistic effects ~ however due to many issues with OpenCL detection as well as artifacts in some games, the idea was scrapped, or at least delayed to an unknown future. Working code is still there through.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
12-09-2015, 10:54 PM
Heart controls for The 3rd birthday on PC
im new here and ive recently been playing a lot of psp games using an emulator for my pc, however ive started playing The 3rd Birthday and its going well but i cant get a hang of all of the controls from my keyboard, itll tell me to do certain things (like liberation or overkill) and im not sure how to do it. any help would be appreciated! Angel
12-09-2015, 11:04 PM
Merged.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
04-13-2016, 08:40 AM
The 3rd Birthday PPSSPP Android Mission 2 Crashing
Hi ..

Can someone help me about crashing issue on The 3rd Birthday.

I'm on the last part of the 2nd mission and it's always crashing on at the part right after destroying the 1st orb.
I already tried to apply different kinds settings that I've seen in different forums who has the same issue, and I also tried it in different kinds of android devices but still has the same problem .. please help me.

P.S: Sorry for my english, I hope you understand the point that I want to resolve.
04-13-2016, 05:55 PM
Merged.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
04-23-2016, 03:09 AM
This is already an old thread but since it's not closed yet, I guess I'll post a reply (complaint).

So I get this constant crashing issues when playing this game. Not on a specific point, but on specific chapters on non-specific areas/circumstances. Just like today, I'm currently on chapter 4 (contains mild spoiler), just after the 1st restock area, once I go down the hole and ODK an enemy (specifically the first visible Snatcher), it'd crash. I'd wait for like 5 seconds before doing this and it will not, but once I ODK the rampaging Roller just beside me after killing the snatcher, it'd crash once again.

And also, once I open the weapons' menu right after Aya lands, it'd crash too. Sometimes, the crashing is just random, like when I'm just shooting like an idiot trying to save myself from the shrapnel of those Snatcher, it'd crash. When I'm rolling away from the Roller, it'd crash.

I was able to deal with previous crashes before, but this case was just too tough. With so much enemies in a single, tight room, I can't possibly be told to prevent using ODK or just stand there until I know it's safe to play again.

I'm using v.1.2.2

thanks in advance

PS: 1st post btw, so nice to meet you all Smile
07-11-2016, 07:41 PM (This post was last modified: 07-11-2016 07:53 PM by JackofHearts.)
Worked great until like half way thru the second mission the game crashes at the restock area

Ok turned off fast memory and multi threaded and it worked
07-13-2016, 12:25 AM
Now the app completely locks up when I'm being chased by the reapers
07-13-2016, 01:24 AM
^Make note that when you used game breaking settings like multithreading or cheats at some point, the damage they potentially caused is still carried by savestates, so even if disabling those things could immediately help with some issue, you should restart emulation and reload from in-game save ~ forgetting about any savestates made when game was in potentially bugged state as they would just restore the problem.

Also if that doesn't help, a savedata with steps to reproduce the issue could help figuring out the problem.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
07-14-2016, 12:44 AM
Never used any cheats and only used settings that (speed up) but I see it could be the multi threading
11-04-2016, 06:21 PM
yo tambien tengo el mismo problema, jugue el juego, pase hasta el 2° jefe (use las versiones1.2.1 y 1.2.2 de pc) y cuando paso la segunda pantalla luego de vencer a apestosos y entrar casi con el jefe se me TRANCA el juego
08-28-2018, 01:27 AM
So, i tranafered my savefile from Asus Zenfone 2 to Xiaomi S2 and im using the latest ppsspp build 1.6.3.383 and i currently having some issues...
Everytime i save my game, it will change my gametime to 999:59:59...
Even when i deleted all my savefile and start a new game, same thing happened... I dont use any cheat codes and other modifying stuffs...
Is there a way to bring everything back to normal..?
01-11-2021, 10:48 AM
Friends, hello! Why is there no text in the game?
I've tried toggling all settings and nothing seems to help.

Platform - ios, OpenGL rendering
Emulator version - 1.9.2

[Image: 6a4bfdae01c0.jpg]

[Image: 2dda5e539ea8.jpg]

[Image: 3ef4131c618c.jpg]