Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.25 Average
The 3rd Birthday
04-24-2014, 10:53 AM
RE: The 3rd Birthday
hey again people. i just tried 3rd b-day on v0.9.8, pc, as before(specs in last, well first, post). it looks beautiful! no "ghosts", excellent graphics, etc(the sound was always good...for me. v0.9.8 rocks!) :DHuzzah!Big Grin unfortunately, it crashes mid-way through the "Sacrifice" stage. i go through a door, the screen goes blank and then i get this "white box of doom" telling me the program crapped out.
sooo, how do i fix it? instead of screaming at the top of my lungs about the injustice of it all, cuz with 0.9.7. i can play the whole game, but theres a "ghost overlay"(re earlier post) making it hard to see clearly. and now 0.9.8 is graphically "perfect", but suffers from "gamus interruptus", or premature...u know.
any who know the answer to this riddle(best settings to be able to play the WHOLE game not just parts of it), and will impart said knowledge to me, will be greatly praised by me and everyone in my head. cuz thats what happens to some people do when they're manic. they talk...a lot Tongue well, thx in advance!! Smile
sorry if this was too long. its just a manic thing. Rolleyes
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-01-2014, 07:44 AM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2014 07:55 AM by Mr.ShinJi.)
(04-24-2014 10:53 AM)seeker3 Wrote:  hey again people. i just tried 3rd b-day on v0.9.8, pc, as before(specs in last, well first, post). it looks beautiful! no "ghosts", excellent graphics, etc(the sound was always good...for me. v0.9.8 rocks!) :DHuzzah!Big Grin unfortunately, it crashes mid-way through the "Sacrifice" stage. i go through a door, the screen goes blank and then i get this "white box of doom" telling me the program crapped out.
sooo, how do i fix it? instead of screaming at the top of my lungs about the injustice of it all, cuz with 0.9.7. i can play the whole game, but theres a "ghost overlay"(re earlier post) making it hard to see clearly. and now 0.9.8 is graphically "perfect", but suffers from "gamus interruptus", or premature...u know.
any who know the answer to this riddle(best settings to be able to play the WHOLE game not just parts of it), and will impart said knowledge to me, will be greatly praised by me and everyone in my head. cuz thats what happens to some people do when they're manic. they talk...a lot Tongue well, thx in advance!! Smile
First, i want to tell u about setting game, every game will have different settings. With 3rd birthday, I have tried many times to get the best results. And this is my setup for it:
1. Mode : Bufferes rendering
2. Frameskipping : 2
3. Auto frameskip (enable)
4. Prevent FPS from eceeding 60 (speeds up GoW)(enable)
5. Alternative speed: Unlimited
6. Stretch to display (enable)
7. Rendering resolution : 1x PSP
8. All items in hybrid performance is enabled
9. Disable alpha test (enable)
10.Enable alpha mask
11. Fast memory , multithreaded, auto mic audio locks (Disable)
12. Change emulated PSP's CPU clock (60-80)
13. Dynarec (JIT): enable
Good luck Smile
P/S: This is all just for AndroidTongue
05-13-2014, 04:46 PM
Anyone has similar "suggestion" for settings for Windows X64?

I started the game about a year ago with ppsspp early 0.9... but there were too many glitches to keep going... and at once particular point the game simply kept freezing/crashing... so i put it on hold...

I recently decided to give it a try again, obviously loading from a save (not savestate), i walk around a bit, get to a cutscene, everything works perfectly no visual glitches, 100% speed, no audio issue... BUT after the cutscene, when i regain control, it will always freeze in the next 20secs or so... It used to go much farther before the crash so i am wondering what settings might be causing this to freeze now...

any suggestion would be greatly appreciated! Smile
if you need me to provide any additional info, let me know!

I'm running ppsspp gold latest official release 0.98 from the main page... I have a i7 CPU and a ATI/AMD7850 GPU... 8gb ram... win7x64... Smile
05-14-2014, 03:34 PM (This post was last modified: 05-15-2014 09:57 AM by RichJoker.)
@FireHawkX :
Which cutscene did you meant? The prologue? I passed that without any gameplay problems (aside from several minor visual glitches)

I can give explanation to some of the settings :
- Instead of using Non-Buffered Rendering, use Buffered Rendering. Your PC is powerful enough. Non-Buffered Rendering is a speed hack, and shouldn't be used if possible. (e.g. for high-end PC) Unfortunately since I'm using a low-end PC, I can't use Buffered Rendering.

- Buffered Rendering may lag your PC. If it lags a lot, try to set the Frameskipping into a high number (I use 8, lol). The lower the emulated PSP CPU is, the higher your speed is. with the exception of Tekken 6, set the PSP CPU as low as possible. (110 seems fine) If it causes trouble though, don't temper with it and set the CPU to 0 or 222.

- From what I've read, disabling Multithreaded and Hardware Transform can fix a specififc crash in Episode 3.

- ALWAYS set Enable Alpha Mask for 3rd Birthday.

What I use is pretty much the same as Mr.ShinJi's settings. Except I'm using Non-Buffered Rendering for my PC. If you're confused, Dynarec is enabled by default. Also, I think he meant Texturing Scaling options in no. 8. I tried setting the Upscale level to 2x, type to Hybrid, and enabled Deposterize. It solved several graphic glitches. My current FPS is 8, and my CPU is 222.

Good luck.

EDIT : Not FPS, lol. I meant Frameskipping.
05-14-2014, 04:12 PM
OK I understand I should have put a bit more info Wink hehe...

I am in "episode 1" inside some kind of theater, the save is at an area where they are telling me i can restock ammo... then after i pass some guys, there is a cutscene in a coridor with some kind of shadow passing thru and stuff shaking... and aya says "wait" then cutscene ends... (not really good at explaining) Smile -- right after when you regain control a voice says "destroy the orbs" and it usually freezes withing 3-10 seconds at that point...

As for settings now, in MODE, i WAS in Read to memory GPU which i changed to Buffered Rendering like suggested... Frameskipping is off... and it runs easily 60fps... and i can press "R2" on the controller to fastforward to about 200fps... post process i was a 4xHQ cause it looks beautiful... i tried with it "off" but it still freezes... Rendering resolution was at 4x, but after reading that 8x eliminates some visual glitches i put it there...

I also have mutlithread in the system menu on.. as well as hardward transform in graphic menu... mipmaping, software skinning and vertex cache all "checked" in graphic menu too...

I did not have alpha mask... which i just added... its even written "helps 3rd birthday" next to it... hehe...

just tried with psp cpu at 110 instead of 0.. didnt change anything either...

I am really wondering what makes it freeze... because OTHER than that, it looks totally playable and very beautiful Smile

Thanks for your time anyone who takes time to read and/or answer! Smile
05-15-2014, 09:50 AM (This post was last modified: 05-15-2014 10:02 AM by RichJoker.)
I have only reached the beginning of it, lol. I'll try playing to that point later. As far as I know, you aren't supposed to enable Multithreaded and Hardware Transform.
Will check it to see if it's the workaround.
05-16-2014, 03:52 PM
The multri-threading options causing freezes. Turn it off. Happened to me when playing crisis core. Would like a fix for it not to crash when not pressing x when it first turns on though.
05-16-2014, 05:18 PM
(04-24-2014 10:53 AM)seeker3 Wrote:  hey again people. i just tried 3rd b-day on v0.9.8, pc, as before(specs in last, well first, post). it looks beautiful! no "ghosts", excellent graphics, etc(the sound was always good...for me. v0.9.8 rocks!) :DHuzzah!Big Grin unfortunately, it crashes mid-way through the "Sacrifice" stage. i go through a door, the screen goes blank and then i get this "white box of doom" telling me the program crapped out.

i have the same problem :/ i have tried different setting but still the same...
05-22-2014, 05:17 AM
Hello all. I've just installed the emu on my htc one m8 and put 3rd birthday to test. I don't see any text before the into video, and my menu contains no text (press start) as well as no difficulty selection. Though i can hear the options of i scroll up and down. Finally, i get this inviting black screen forever after the menu screen. Any ideas how i can actually start the game?

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

05-22-2014, 07:37 PM (This post was last modified: 05-22-2014 07:40 PM by xboxmandude.)
What version are you using?
Try updating your version to the latest build

The game was working almost perfectly on my phone
A few graphical glitches
But that was fixed when I disabled multi thread
Some random crashes too

My specs
Redmi Note 10.
Check My Profile For Tested Games(Bio Section)
Testing multiplayer - MGS PW - God Eater - Dbz

Contact me on Twitter @BradEDias for help with ppsspp
06-05-2014, 05:38 PM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2014 05:45 PM by cool_guy.)
Hi guys, first, thank you Devs for this emulator. I can't progress with 3rd birthday cause i am stuck in the second chapter ep1 where a reaper twisted chases and i have to wait for renforcment and the game randomaly crashes ( disabling HW, fastmem and buffer rendering didn't fix the glitch ). I am using PPSSPP 0,9,8 btw . Sorry for my bad english .

Xboxmandude, how did you get past the first twisted in chapter 2 ep 1 without crashes ? Help please . Smile

Disabling mipmapping didn't slove the prob, still stuck in chapter 2 . Sad
06-06-2014, 03:21 AM (This post was last modified: 06-06-2014 03:24 AM by Viersche.)
Quick question - can you transfer an ISO file to your mobiles ppsspp folder? I have this game ISO on my pc and i want to use it on my ppsspp app on my mobile but don't know how to transfer it to my mobile as i can't find the psp folder when opening it with my pc via usb connection.
06-06-2014, 11:43 AM
Anyone ?
06-09-2014, 06:51 AM
Exclamation RE: The 3rd Birthday
Hey! How about this? It only happen when I turn the Rendering Mode to Non-Buffered Rendering! Huh
Code:
abload.de/img/ulus10567_00001y9zyy.png
06-09-2014, 07:35 AM
Use the latest git build and don't use "non-buffered rendering". Disabling the game's ability to use buffers will cause problems in this game.

(06-06-2014 11:43 AM)cool_guy Wrote:  Anyone ?

I didn't hit any crashes in that area. Are you using the latest git build? 0.9.8 does crash. The latest git build can be found on the download page.

-[Unknown]