Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
performance on the new Nexus 7
08-31-2013, 08:24 PM
performance on the new Nexus 7
I recently bought the second generation Nexus 7 (Snapdragon 600) but I'm kind of disappointed of the performance of ppsspp on this tablet.
I tried Project diva 2nd/extend and Ridge Racer and experienced major lag in some situations.
Funny is that my S3 i9300 (exynos 4) doesn't have much problems with PPSSPP, I get fullspeed in most of all situations in those games.

Performance wise, the S600 should be better than the Exynos 4, many benchmarks and also games proved this.
I also tried switching buffered/non-buffered rendering mode but it's not changing much.

What is the problem with the S600 and PPSSPP, will there be an optimization in the future for this chipset?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-01-2013, 12:59 AM
RE: performance on the new Nexus 7
I guess its about the resolution, ppsspp has some problems with Full HD devices, turn on buffered rendering and ant-aliasing, and it will be ok, be sure to not have some speed killers like upscale graphics, if possible turn fastman. thats what i do and its very nice ( but not 100% as it should)
09-01-2013, 05:24 PM
like I said. Buffered rendering does not change much.
but it's the same on my LG Optimus G. it's slower than on the S3.
09-01-2013, 11:04 PM
I have a cheap Chinese branded phone and get better speeds than better phones out there... its all about optimizations at the moment, its still in early/mid stages.

S TO DA G
09-05-2013, 03:22 AM
I know. Even Rockchip 3066 chipsets perform better on PPSSPP than snapdragons