Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Version 9.1, Android Performance Measurements?
08-27-2013, 04:15 PM (This post was last modified: 08-27-2013 04:16 PM by Ace256.)
RE: Version 9.1, Android Performance Measurements?
Well out of the games you have mentioned, I play Tactics Ogre using PPSSPP on my S2, and it works full speed, without forcing or tweaking it.
The only 2 real drawback so far, that keep me from using my S2 to finish Tactics are;
1) That there are some graphic glitches in Tactics e.g. Spells, and Mission objective screens, but that has been confirmed as an issue with the app itself which will get fixed soon (Post in the compatibility thread)
2) The S2's abysmal battery. Obviously emulation is battery heavy, and the S2 had a horrible size battery even for the time, oddly though PPSSPP is more battery friendly than DraStic so the situation isn't that hopeless

So the takeaway here is the hardware jump from an S4 to a Note 3 isn't needed as the app is getting more streamlined and efficient. Also the Battery Difference between the S4 and the Note will not be THAT different to make you choose a Note over the 4
In the end it's personal preference really.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Version 9.1, Android Performance Measurements? - Ace256 - 08-27-2013 04:15 PM