Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
RPCS3 - The PS3 Emulator/Debugger
01-09-2013, 05:53 AM
Video RPCS3 - The PS3 Emulator/Debugger
The first ps3 emulator is out for almost a year now.
So i had to check what it can do and how fast it is at this moment.
No luck with booting games but it can run homebrews quite fast.
Here is a video to show you what it can do.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-13-2013, 06:10 PM (This post was last modified: 01-13-2013 06:10 PM by ssshadow.)
RE: RPCS3 - The PS3 Emulator/Debugger
I have seen it a couple of times before. It is a really cool proof of concept, but running commercial games is really far off right now. Last time I checked development was pretty slow too, probably because the hardware isn't documented well enough, and of course because a PS3 emulator would be massively complex. But hopefully the project takes off in the future, and in maybe 10 years or so the emulator and computer hardware is powerful enough to run some real games. Can't wait for Persona 5 upscaled to glorious 4k resolution Wink
01-11-2014, 07:58 AM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2014 07:59 AM by naoan.)
(01-11-2014 07:49 AM)TonyStark Wrote:  Considering the fact that PS2 emulator itself isnt completely stable"ish", I dont think that people should go in for PS3. I mean, that would be far too complex, and why waste time when the specs required for PS3 would be way too high. Didnt you see what specs the PS2 emulator for PC requires? Way too much to even run games at decent speed and quality.

They're already doing it, what the heck are you talking about? The code is there if you want to see it.

Of course it will take a long time to actually make it good enough but everything start somewhere and hardware tech also evolve with time, rapidly.

And no, I can run PCSX2 on my 2008 built moderate budget PC just fine, if you know what you're doing about $300 for the whole PC today is enough to play most PS2 games on PCSX2 just fine.
01-11-2014, 08:25 AM
Well, The PS3 emulator will be available but maybe 5-10 years in future.

But right now it seems impossible cause PS3 still in market and we have SONY who just show its product (PS4).

So there will be PS3 emu but in next 5-10 years.
01-11-2014, 12:45 PM
Believe it or not, but a PS4 & Xbox One emulator will will be out quicker.. With more improvements than a PS3 & 360 emulator. Because the new gen consoles hardware is more similar to PC. BTW, Slashdot has developed a an Xbox 360 emulator.. Not sure when he will release it.
01-11-2014, 01:01 PM (This post was last modified: 01-12-2014 09:15 PM by Henrik.)
ps3 released at 2006, now 2014 that means it's been 8 years in the market, isn't?? meanwhile psp was released on 2004, two years before ps3( it's been 10 years in the market). if i wasn't wrong ppsspp just published 2012. so we need maybe 5-10 years in future for a better rpcs3??? come on!!!
did someone here have tried ps3 emu (emulator for ps3)???? u can get it at [site full of fakes, removed].

note: first correct me if i was wrong.

my pc version:
windows 7 ultimate

my pc specs :
intel(R) core(TM)2 duo cpu
E7500 @2,93GHz
2,93GHz, 2,00 GB of RAM

sorry for bad english, i'm indonesian.
01-11-2014, 01:38 PM
Man, the processor of PS3 is almost the same as desktop, at least the newest one. The PS2 processor is very different, so is hard to simulate. So I think is possible for now if we use a powerful PC.

Phones: Poco F3 8GB/256GB (Snapdragon 870 5G) and Redmi Note 6 Pro 4/64GB (Snapdragon 636)

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 / 16GB RAM DDR4 3600MHz / NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti 6GB / Windows 10 Pro
01-11-2014, 03:01 PM
It's a very powerful specialized multi core 3.2Ghz PowerPC CPU, you're looking at about 5-10 years time, depending on tech breakthrough, before anything from consumer space capable of emulating that at decent speed.
01-11-2014, 04:49 PM
if you really wanna play a game like a real gamer, play it on the hardware it was meant to be played.
[/quote]

yes i agree with you. but you know most people play a game on emulator caused they don't have money to buy an expensive hardware console or they are saving budget for important need or the console totally not traded in their country or etc.
That's why they accept the problems that exist on the emulator. after all, most emulators are free. except if the emulator appear several months after the original console traded in the market, it could be a scam or a reality.

back to the topic,, have everyone here tried ps3 emu(that is the name of ps3 emulator, get it on emulatordb)???

my pc version:
windows 7 ultimate

my pc specs :
E7500 @2,93GHz
2,93GHz, 2,00 GB of RAM

01-11-2014, 04:52 PM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2014 04:53 PM by naoan.)
(01-11-2014 04:16 PM)TonyStark Wrote:  There's a difference between running it and playing it. PPSSPP can 'run' God of War series, but can you 'play' it at 1-15 fps?? If you want a real gaming experience, you might wanna consider that. For example, I use PPSSPP just as a hobby, to dump my UMD's and brag in front of my friends that my Note 2 can play PSP games! HA!

But, when I come back home, I use my PSP and not my Note 2 to play. Why? Because when you are into a game, you dont like constant fps drops or any app crashing or any form of nagging like that to hinder you.

Same goes for the PS2. I never really tried emulators except for PPSSPP and Nintendo N64, for I believe, if you really wanna play a game like a real gamer, play it on the hardware it was meant to be played.

I have PSP and Vita capable of playing PSP game but I still play it on my PC, why?

Because:
[Image: capcom_mhp302.jpg]
[Image: ixWlDY1ZO9XwM.png]

I have PS2, I've played every game I wanted to play on it but I still will replay the game on PCSX2 when I can because same as above.

I don't care about "playing it the way it intended to be" bs, I will play the better version of it if I can. I play to entertain myself, I don't derive pleasure from wanging my ability to install an app and show it off to my friend nor I care if people (who?) call me fake gamer because I play on emulator.

Those are some seriously laughable reason not to play on emu by the way, I understand if it's nostalgia but those? haha.
01-11-2014, 10:41 PM
All my games & consoles which I once had... And STILL do..well I prefer to emulate them on just one device. Yes I would LOVE to play on my Dreamcast (I have 3) /PS2/PS1/Genesis/Atari/GBA/PSP (I have 3) /Mark II/Saturn.. But I don't have time. But I do occasionally play on my PS3 & PC... But mainly mobile gaming... And what better way to play all my classics... Yup, my iPhone. So convenient... I play home & work and all over Smile
01-12-2014, 05:33 AM
(01-11-2014 10:41 PM)Terminator Wrote:  All my games & consoles which I once had... And STILL do..well I prefer to emulate them on just one device. Yes I would LOVE to play on my Dreamcast (I have 3) /PS2/PS1/Genesis/Atari/GBA/PSP (I have 3) /Mark II/Saturn.. But I don't have time. But I do occasionally play on my PS3 & PC... But mainly mobile gaming... And what better way to play all my classics... Yup, my iPhone. So convenient... I play home & work and all over Smile

Yeah, I really hoped for one device to play All Games Wink

If I was a genius or Crazy man maybe I can make it in 2 years Undecided

But sorry everyone I am not genius or Crazy dude
01-12-2014, 06:02 AM
@ade32 dude, emulatordb is filled with fake emus. It even has a 3ds emu. Guess what its called? eMu3DS. Emulator Zone is the accurate site.

Catch me if you can't catch me if you can't Cats are nice.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-12-2014, 09:35 AM
Thumbs Up RE: RPCS3 - The PS3 Emulator/Debugger
(01-12-2014 06:02 AM)Obi55 Wrote:  @ade32 dude, emulatordb is filled with fake emus. It even has a 3ds emu. Guess what its called? eMu3DS. Emulator Zone is the accurate site.

thanks for correction and advice dude Big Grin .

my pc version:
windows 7 ultimate

my pc specs :
E7500 @2,93GHz
2,93GHz, 2,00 GB of RAM

01-13-2014, 10:05 AM
Well, I think it’s cool this PS3 emulator!! But I’m sure my PC won’t be able to run it! Maybe I emulate it in the near future, when I buy a new very powerful PC!! =D

I was an Xperia Play gamer until my dog ate my beloved phone!

Now I’m an Xperia ZL/ZQ gamer!
Quad-Core 1.5 GHZ
2GB RAM

It works better, but i miss the gamepad!! T_T'