08-22-2013, 06:23 AM
something's wrong with the frame skipping
games lags now even the menus , when frame skipping is on
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-22-2013, 11:03 AM
RE: something's wrong with the frame skipping
then turn it off ;P

*~* You can get the weeny out of the war, but you cannot get the war out of the weeny
*~* [email protected] - 8gb ddr3 - gtx 970 - windows 7
*~* i am really good at English, but it isn't my native language :3
08-22-2013, 12:07 PM
Frame skipping was easy back in SNES days but on modern consoles like the PSP it's not even 100% clear when a frame actually starts and ends from the point of the game. What we have now is the result of the last of three attempts from my side to have the emulator do some guessing, and yeah, there's room for improvement.

However, I rather spend my time making the emu faster, reducing the need for frameskipping in the first place...
08-22-2013, 08:24 PM (This post was last modified: 08-22-2013 08:25 PM by TheDax.)
Also keep in mind frameskipping is just that: it's skipping frames. So sluggishness in the graphics is to be expected. If you're not thrilled about it, play on Windows/Linux/Mac with a decent PC/Mac. Phones/tablets are still a ways off from running every game without it.

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
08-22-2013, 10:07 PM (This post was last modified: 08-22-2013 10:11 PM by bonquacks.)
(08-22-2013 08:24 PM)daxtsu Wrote:  Also keep in mind frameskipping is just that: it's skipping frames. So sluggishness in the graphics is to be expected. If you're not thrilled about it, play on Windows/Linux/Mac with a decent PC/Mac. Phones/tablets are still a ways off from running every game without it.

What he said. Sometimes mobile phone/tablet users have unrealistic expectations about what their devices are capable off.

Face it, your Android phone is nowhere close to desktop/laptop PC level performance. Accept those limitations and work your device around them.

The PC is still king when it comes to emulators. Nuff' said.

Pentium D 820 @ 2.8 GHz stock, NVIDIA 7600 GT,1 GB RAM, Windows XP.
08-23-2013, 12:27 AM
(08-22-2013 08:24 PM)daxtsu Wrote:  Also keep in mind frameskipping is just that: it's skipping frames. So sluggishness in the graphics is to be expected. If you're not thrilled about it, play on Windows/Linux/Mac with a decent PC/Mac. Phones/tablets are still a ways off from running every game without it.

I wonder how Exophase manage to make his Drastic doing well with frameskipping.
08-23-2013, 01:14 AM (This post was last modified: 08-23-2013 01:15 AM by Ritori.)
(08-22-2013 10:07 PM)bonquacks Wrote:  

What he said. Sometimes mobile phone/tablet users have unrealistic expectations about what their devices are capable off.

Face it, your Android phone is nowhere close to desktop/laptop PC level performance. Accept those limitations and work your device around them.

The PC is still king when it comes to emulators. Nuff' said.

Yup i think my interest on PC that phone . I still got my old nokia phone still don't interesting buy new one. (pc first then phone)
I really want to buy new PC same as daxtsu is or ever stronger Big Grin

I worse write english so take easy on me
(even my own language realy bad T_T)

Rig to test now :
Windows 8 64 bit (Laptop)
Intel® Core™ i3-3110M (2.4GHz, 3MB L3 Cache)
Nvidia GT720M 2GB
08-23-2013, 01:59 AM

i know but before 0.81 , it doesn't lag when frame skipping is on