Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Games runs GREAT only for the first time {android]
08-21-2013, 07:34 PM
Bug Games runs GREAT only for the first time {android]
Hi guys,

I was using v0.9 from yesterday then i had some screenbugs, só i've uninstalled and installed again, and for my suprise, Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep was running GREAT, playable at full speed.

So, after some gameplay, i had to check my emails, so i've tried to play again, with the same configs and it was TERRIBLE, slowing down a lot.

The same happens with the new v0.9.1.

So, i've uninstalled and installed again just to make sure i was not making mistakes and, confirmed.

The first time i play after a install, the games runs perfect. The second it's almost unplayable...

Anyone with the same error?
BTW, my phone is a Galaxy Mega.

Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-21-2013, 07:40 PM
RE: Games runs GREAT only for the first time {android]
If you turn off the phone and turn it on again, will the emulator work well?
08-21-2013, 08:12 PM (This post was last modified: 08-21-2013 08:49 PM by stodag.)
OK I've had a similar problem... when I get slowdown I lock my phone then turn it back on again, it sometimes speeds up the emu..
Also If I have another app running in background its fast???
Strange one I know but true..
I first encountered this on pool break pro app.. it was slow as hell then I realised the next time I played it was full speed again due to another app running in the background.

sometimes when I fire the app up its laggy.. so what I do is close most background apps then lock the phone and turn it back on, it seems to work sometimes.

S TO DA G
08-22-2013, 02:19 AM
no man. .. reboot the phone don't help, also i don't have any other app running at the same time. :/
08-22-2013, 02:30 AM
change stock rom for cyanogenmod rom cm10.2 like me.

fly,fly my galaxy s3.any slowdown.
08-22-2013, 01:22 PM
(08-22-2013 02:30 AM)brujo55 Wrote:  change stock rom for cyanogenmod rom cm10.2 like me.

No cm10.x for galaxy mega yet =/
08-22-2013, 03:18 PM
(08-22-2013 02:30 AM)brujo55 Wrote:  change stock rom for cyanogenmod rom cm10.2 like me.

And the battery life with CM for S3 is terrible...

MSI GT70 0ND-1212FR - i7-3630QM, GTX 675 Mx
[s]Samsung SIII[/s] Nexus 5 - LG (Black, 32 Go)
[s]Tegra Note 7[/s] MiPad - Xiaomi (White, 64 Go)
PSP 2000 White - PS Vita
08-23-2013, 09:10 PM
I don't know how it works with the Android units you guys use (phones, tablets, whatever), but the problems you describe remind me of what I've seen in varying degree on all of my Android devices (currently four).

Unless I explicitly terminate them some CPU-wasting processes are always running in the background, messing up my results for any CPU-intensive task I'm trying to run in the foreground. And it's not just a matter of CPU cycles, but also of other system resources such as free RAM.

I've had this problem a lot when using the "Plex for Android" client to view my media library. The GUI is often very slow to initialize the media listings, and if I try to launch any media in this state I can expect serious video stutters.

And the same kind of problem can also affect the PPSSPP emulator, causing it to slow down in various ways when other processes are stealing CPU cycles for nonsense background work (like repeated mail-checking, map updates, location reporting etc, etc)

So whenever I find my foreground application being short on speed I go into the system settings menu and check what I have running in the background (both services and cached processes), and force terminate anything I don't want running. This usually improves my results considerably, and I think it can do the same for many of you.
(Just be careful to leave vital system stuff alone.)

Best regards: dlanor