Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Nvidia Shield dev builds
08-19-2013, 01:26 PM
Nvidia Shield dev builds
Few things... (I'm a paid supporter!! Damn I feel good about myself!)

1. The current version on the google play store doesn't have an option for controller mapping. On Nvidia Shield this is an issue because the D-pad default mapping is incorrect.

2. The latest github build, V0.8.1-1684 at the time of this post, has the default mapping for Nvidia Shield controller left analog stick up and down inverted. Not a huge deal since mapping is available, but if you get a change to change it will help people out I'm sure.

3. The latest builds give me the best gameplay, specifically FFVII Crisis Core. However, there is either some setting that I have in the dev builds or some change that was made that causes the game to crash randomly. When I use the google play version the game runs choppy but somehow powers through everything and seems to never crash. I've toyed with pretty much every setting in the dev builds and can't seem to stop it. If there is anything I can do to assist in finding the problem, let me know and I'll get on it. I'm relatively smart, but lack programming knowledge. You should see how well I can follow directions though...

Thanks a ton for a great app. I'll buy another version in a bit to continue supporting.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-19-2013, 01:34 PM
RE: Nvidia Shield dev builds
I'll fix the inversion ASAP.

The crashing is bad though Sad Have you found a fast way to reproduce them?
08-19-2013, 01:52 PM
(08-19-2013 01:34 PM)Henrik Wrote:  I'll fix the inversion ASAP.

The crashing is bad though Sad Have you found a fast way to reproduce them?

I kept a save point that I can recreate the crash immediately after loading the point and entering a cutscene.
08-19-2013, 06:00 PM
The best thing would be if you could find which build it started crashing. And maybe also upload your savegame here...