Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Report - List of all known(by me)problems with ppsspp(it's not about games)
08-14-2013, 09:09 PM (This post was last modified: 08-14-2013 09:18 PM by vsub_.)
Report - List of all known(by me)problems with ppsspp(it's not about games)
I'm just posting all the problems I know(maybe some on them are not known)

v0.8.1-1355 x86

1.There are 5 save states slots but only 4 screen buttons

2.While ingame,if you bring the game menu(Esc),none of those menus are working
Emulation=>Run\Stop\Reset
Stop is deleting the game name from the title

3.If the emulation is paused(Esc),if you press F2 or F4,when you resume the game,it will execute those keys as much times as you press them(the same goes to Emulation=>Pause)

4.If you pause the emulation(Emulation=>Pause)and try to load a save state by choosing the file(Load State file),ppsspp will crash.
With Esc,it will load\save the state when you continue the game and if you exist the game(rather that continuing it)and start a new one,it will execute the command on the game you start.

5.The Reload Cheats button is missing(don't know if disabling=>enabling the cheats does the same thing)
Also settings the speed limit is also missing in the new ui.

6.While ingame settings all of those from the screen menus don't do anything to the game graphics nor the game speed...from all disable to:
Enable AA
AF x16
Texture Scaling x5 H+B
When you continue the game,nothing happens(buffering is enabled,I know it's needed for those options)
But if you enable them from the Win32 menus,you'll definitely see immediately the change but not from the screen menus(both uis)
Meaning,ppsspp read the settings at the game startup and then accept only Win32 menu changes.

7.Not sure how to explain this...if you run a game on which you can't get full speed without frame skipping,if the frame skipping is giving you weird results(but give you speed)and buffered rendering is enabled,if you hold the key for Unthrottle,the speed will be the same but the bad effect of the frame skipping will either disappear or it won't be that bad.

Using PPSSPP on Windows 7 x64 SP1
i7 4771 3.5Ghz,GTX750TI,16GB RAM

Batch iso <=> cso converter
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5384
Save Game\States Manager
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5516
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-15-2013, 12:11 AM (This post was last modified: 08-15-2013 12:17 AM by Shadow Lady.)
RE: Report - List of all known(by me)problems with ppsspp(it's not about games)
1) This is NewUI only.

5) Also NewUI only, and enabling/disabling cheats doesn't work the same as "reload cheats" on the uhhh... OldUI

Some more NewUI ones on windows (not sure if same problem on other platforms)

8) I guess? Tongue
While you can control the NewUI menus with the gamepad, you cant access some menus. Trying to switch between Graphics/Audio/Controls/System from the "Game Settings" with the gamepad is not possible, while the back button and changing the options does work. Same problem for Recent/Games/Homebrew from the main menu.

9) Trying to change the "Unlock CPU Clock" with (left/right on the d-pad, or the keyboard) only changes it to the left so you can only reduce the number.
Also it doesn't really show what it changed to until you click "ok", I think it showed what it changed to some days before but doesn't as of 0.8.1-1356

10) Enabling/Disabling "Show Left Analog Stick" doesn't seem to make a difference, next time you start the emulator the setting will be enabled no matter what.

11) Not sure if by design but you can only access the game settings after selecting a game. Kind of doesn't make sense when the settings will affect all games anyway.
08-15-2013, 01:43 AM (This post was last modified: 08-15-2013 01:44 AM by The Phoenix.)
On my Android phone, when I select New UI, on the graphics page, I chose which settings I wanted then realised there was no way to go back to the start game screen, because on my little phone screen, there is no Back button or anything, so had to shut down the emulator by going to the task manager, then when I re-started the emulator, change back to Old UI, and exit then re-start it again.
So can we have at the bottom below the type of screen filtering, the BACK button after that, on the New UI. (Thank you Developers).
08-15-2013, 06:34 AM
(08-15-2013 12:11 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote:  ...
1\5 - yes
8 - I can only highlight thing but can't execute any menu nor start a game while using gamepad(DirectInput)...with keyboard is little better but you still can't do some things.
11 - There will be per game settings.

Using PPSSPP on Windows 7 x64 SP1
i7 4771 3.5Ghz,GTX750TI,16GB RAM

Batch iso <=> cso converter
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5384
Save Game\States Manager
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5516