Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
performance help
08-11-2013, 01:23 AM
performance help
Im wat you call a geek noob. i like geeky stuff but i can never understand wat is going on or wat people are saying with all this abbreviations and strange words. forgive me if im posting on the wrong forum and tell me where it should be posted.

i'm using andriod(samsung galaxy s3) and im trying to play ff7 cc. when it first starts it almost flawless. cutscenes..also flawless. when the actual game starts it slows down abit. once a character or person is displayed it REALLY slows down. the more characters that are in view,the more it lags.i spent 30min changing settings but stil nothing. the best i could do was keeping the frame skip at EXACTLY 1 because any higher ,the screen doesnt move and any lower is super super lag. the highest frame per sec during gameplay(not cutscenes,like i said those are flawless) is around 20.

people keep saying their game is running smoothly.HOW? i use the latest verion ...8.1 apk. i dont know what to do.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-11-2013, 01:30 AM
RE: performance help
Performance with be lesser on a Tablet/phone vs a pc/laptop. I can't stress this enough. Since hardware is a major factor for performance I get near flawless on a laptop though I know I can get better on a pc.
08-11-2013, 01:44 AM (This post was last modified: 08-11-2013 01:46 AM by solarmystic.)
RE: performance help
Have you tried out our performance guide already?

Try every step, I mean it.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5236

Also, to get the best out of the guide, use the latest (and safest) version for Android (v0.8.1-1090-g2f1e6f8) here:-

http://buildbot.orphis.net/ppsspp/

The official 0.8.1 apk is just ancient and slow, the newest developmental builds have optimizations specific to boosting Crisis Core's performance on Android devices.

PPSSPP Modern Testbed:-
Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.0 GHz
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 760 2GB GDDR5 VRAM @ 1138/6500 Mhz
16 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1600 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1

PPSSPP Ancient Testing Rig:-
Intel Core 2 Duo T9550 @ 2.8GHz
ATI Mobility Radeon 4670 1GB GDDR3 VRAM @ 843/882 MHz
8 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1066 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1