Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PPSSPP isn't loading any my games
08-06-2013, 08:16 PM (This post was last modified: 08-07-2013 12:39 AM by alpaca.)
PPSSPP isn't loading any my games
- Windows 7 64bit
- PPSSPP v0.8.1-1102-g3d7abf9 (32bit)

The most I get is sound/music from Dangan Ronpa with a black screen. Corpse Party, Hakuoki, Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep, and Uta no Prince-sama Music don't load at all. I downloaded the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86) and (x64) and the latest DirectX, but nothing still works.

Sorry if there is a similar thread... If there is one, please direct me to it. I tried looking for some, but I couldn't find anything.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-06-2013, 08:57 PM
RE: PPSSPP isn't loading any my games
This is similar thread post there http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5339

I worse write english so take easy on me
(even my own language realy bad T_T)

Rig to test now :
Windows 8 64 bit (Laptop)
Intel® Core™ i3-3110M (2.4GHz, 3MB L3 Cache)
Nvidia GT720M 2GB
08-06-2013, 09:05 PM
This msvcp100.dll error is becoming quite common with people, what the hell is the cause I don't understand (if we count that they made all the steps in order to normally fix this issue). Did you try to update your video card driver? It could help, also which os are you using? Vista? Seven? if so are they updated to their Service pack version?

Since English is not my first language sorry for some misspelling on my posts
08-06-2013, 09:14 PM
I'll take a wild guess: there's probably a guide out there suggesting people to download that specific dll and slap it in their PPSSPP folder, which is a terrible idea. That, or perhaps they don't realize there are 2010 SP1 runtimes now instead of the regular 2010 runtimes.

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
08-06-2013, 09:24 PM
check here

missing registry can be caused by the user didnt use clean install or caused by virus/trojan, not sure though Tongue

my english is poor , sorry
08-06-2013, 10:59 PM (This post was last modified: 08-06-2013 11:02 PM by stodag.)
That DLL idea I put across worked.. after trying your way FYI

also why is it a terrible idea ?? if the runtime download didn't work and my suggestion worked what's the problem?
Of course scan the file first but a solution is a solution.

S TO DA G
08-06-2013, 11:02 PM (This post was last modified: 08-06-2013 11:04 PM by Gurlok.)
(08-06-2013 09:14 PM)daxtsu Wrote:  I'll take a wild guess: there's probably a guide out there suggesting people to download that specific dll and slap it in their PPSSPP folder, which is a terrible idea. That, or perhaps they don't realize there are 2010 SP1 runtimes now instead of the regular 2010 runtimes.

Even if they would manually inject the missing .dll that would not fix the problem, something else would pop up (assuming that the dll was safe), plus the problem persist even after installing the sp1 runtime, so or there is something else that can affect the dll, or perhaps something doesn't register correctly on the regedit.

(08-06-2013 10:59 PM)stodag Wrote:  That DLL idea I put across worked.. after trying your way FYI

also why is it a terrible idea ?? if the runtime download didn't work and my suggestion worked what's the problem?
Of course scan the file first but a solution is a solution.

Putting aside the safety of the file, most of the times it is not the only file missing on the os, it should be installed along the related stuff.

08-06-2013, 11:05 PM (This post was last modified: 08-06-2013 11:08 PM by stodag.)
If he didn't try my way, he would still be waitin

Maybe.. but on this occasion he got it workin.. job doneSmile
Of course this isn't ideal but I bet he's using ppsspp right now.

lets call it a temporary fix until its ironed out.

S TO DA G
08-06-2013, 11:13 PM (This post was last modified: 08-06-2013 11:15 PM by Gurlok.)
...And how are you guessing that he fixed the issue? As far I can see he did not yet reply. Also after injecting the missing dll he did get another issue, so I don't see how can this be a solution.

08-06-2013, 11:24 PM (This post was last modified: 08-06-2013 11:26 PM by stodag.)
He gave me rep up.... check what he wrote.

I don't lie..

S TO DA G
08-06-2013, 11:30 PM
...I think the both of us misunderstood each other, I was referring to alpaca who made this thread, while you probably were referring to Ruis0 from the other one.

08-06-2013, 11:44 PM
OK np.. I was refering to the original problem about the DLL yesterday.. then he said it was a bad idea.. yet I helped the guy fix the problem..

I agree with him it wasn't ideal but the guy tried runtimes etc and still had a missin file, so I helped him with a temporary fix.

S TO DA G
08-07-2013, 12:45 AM
Hi... So, I have no clue what I'm doing, so forgive me. I was just looking up ideas (for the dll problem)... However, he 64bit with the dll isn't even my main concern.

My main concern here is that the 32bit isn't running any of my games. None load... Sorry if I confused everyone...
Thank you for your help though
08-07-2013, 01:56 AM
Well, technically speaking it should be, if you run a 64 bit os you should run 64 applications, to put it simply they work better on that environment. Just to be safe tell us your pc spec, especially your GPU.

08-07-2013, 12:35 PM (This post was last modified: 08-07-2013 10:56 PM by alpaca.)
Yeah I should use 64.... But then that other problem popped up and now I have no clue what to do now.

Processor - Pentium Dual-Core CPI TT4400 @ 2.20GHz
Memory - 3072 mb RAM
Main Driver - igdumd64.dll, igd10umd64.dll, igdumd.... (found this under Display and Drivers in DirectX diagnostic..)
- Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family

Er... I don't know what actual specs to put.. Let me know if I need more information...

EDIT:: I downloaded the latest 64bit build, it opens but doesn't load games now...