Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
M.O.J.O.
08-05-2013, 08:42 AM
Star M.O.J.O.
Anyone else excited about the Mad Catz MOJO? Huh

Imagine playing PPSSPP on the big screen with what should be the "most powerful" Android device on the market (likely to have Tegra 4). And unlike the Ouya, it runs stock android. So all apps will work with it, which means PPSSPP won't need to be ported to the platform. Cool

For those who don't know what the MOJO is:
MOJO on Wikipedia
First Look
Hands on

Devices:
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7 - Stock 4.1.1

PC:
Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E6850 @ 3.00GHz
AMD Radeon HD 5450
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-05-2013, 10:34 AM
RE: M.O.J.O.
Tegra 4? It's like the next-gen of android microconsoles, hah. If they sell this with a low pricetag, i will buy the hell out of it just to play my psp games LOL Tongue
Not to mention the stock android OS, this is actually exciting Smile

● If you report (or happen to find any) game/mini/demo that's still not on the compatibility list yet even after 48 hours, you can PM me the link!
● Sorry for my bad english, I'm Indonesian.
Find all posts by this user
08-05-2013, 05:24 PM
In terms of price, in order to be successful it HAS to be around $100. Mostly to the compete with the Ouya. BUT.. remember, Ouya makes money via it's custom software. Mad Catz won't make a dime on the software. They will however make money on the outrageously priced accessories. Get ready to pay around $100 just for a mouse or controller (but it is kinda worth it, for what you are getting).

My guess, is that the price will be around $150. It has to be lower than the entry level tablet price of $199.

This is also the closest we are getting to a full-blown Android PC. Hook this up to a monitor, keyboard, and mouse, and sit the MOJO on a desk.. and with OnLive Desktop, you can have a Windows 7 desktop. Awesome. Big Grin

Devices:

PC:
AMD Radeon HD 5450
08-06-2013, 11:43 AM (This post was last modified: 08-06-2013 01:59 PM by vnctdj.)
Yes!! Mad Catz would not make a dime on the programs. They will although make money on the outrageously ascribe accessories. Get prepared to pay round $100 just for a mouse or supervisor.
Find all posts by this user
08-06-2013, 07:58 PM
The good thing, is that the MOJO will be compatible with mostly all current USB accessories. Like controllers, mice, and keyboards. So pick up a cheap $5 mouse, a cheap $10 keyboard, and a cheap gamepad.. and boom. You have yourself an Android desktop with gaming capabilities.

Devices:

PC:
AMD Radeon HD 5450