Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
[Playable] God Eater 2 - NPJH-90338 DEMO
08-09-2013, 09:18 PM (This post was last modified: 08-10-2013 11:56 AM by CPkmn.)
RE: [Menu/Intro]God Eater 2 - NPJH-90338 DEMO
So some news cropped up about booting this demo on emulators...JPCSP is now able to boot it!

...but with the following issues :

- Trigger happy with volume changes
- Very choppy
- Crashes when loading the terminal
- Lighting issues (like in God Eater/Burst...although JPCSP's lighting issue looks different than PPSSPP's)

Screenshot : (from the GE2 intro video)

[Image: 1mz0.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-10-2013, 03:01 AM
The lighting is not too bad if you activate "Save Stencil to Memory (more accurate but slower)" unless you already had it enabled.
08-13-2013, 05:52 PM
It should be able to go in-game soon, once the next pull request is added. I did the same thing the other day, but VS2012 fucked me over by caching my old build without telling me.

Anyways, some screenshots from PPSSPP :

[Image: 5za9.jpg]
[Image: tsfy.jpg]

Unfortunately the game still misses a lot of imports/exports so it sceKernelPrintf()'s a lot, and crashes when loading the terminal...
08-13-2013, 07:53 PM
I would call this more than a start, nice job CPkmn! So as far I can read from previous posts, loading the terminal result in a crash, like JPCSP.

Since English is not my first language sorry for some misspelling on my posts
08-13-2013, 08:07 PM (This post was last modified: 08-13-2013 08:11 PM by CPkmn.)
Also fwiw the God Eater Burst GE2 checking tool now boots (albeit sceKernelPrintf()'s a bit when starting but it's only purpose is to check savefile qualifications for transferring to God Eater 2, which it looks like it does nicely).
So users can now check their God Eater Burst savefiles on PPSSPP to see their current qualifications for transferring weapons to God Eater 2.

[Image: 1kjt.jpg]
[Image: 2frs.jpg]
08-13-2013, 09:52 PM
Hi, i tested the demo and i able to open the terminal, only after finishing the first mission, but still has some issues and crashes, like when talking with npc who give you missions before going to see Julius, and choose the third option i think, the game freeze and crash, , i tested the demo in the build ppsspp-v0.8.1-1319-g544d4af (64 bits). (sorry my english sucks Sad )

here some ss:

[Image: ge21_zps1724f88c.png]
[Image: ge23_zps4b6383ab.png]
[Image: ge22_zpsbfa483d1.png]
[Image: ge24_zps44e470ca.png]
08-13-2013, 10:17 PM (This post was last modified: 08-13-2013 10:58 PM by CPkmn.)
(08-13-2013 09:52 PM)tsengasd Wrote:  Hi, i tested the demo and i able to open the terminal, only after finishing the first mission, but still has some issues and crashes, like when talking with npc who give you missions before going to see Julius, and choose the third option i think, the game freeze and crash, , i tested the demo in the build ppsspp-v0.8.1-1319-g544d4af (64 bits). (sorry my english sucks Sad )

here some ss:

-snip for smaller quote size-

I didn't mean it was unplayable; I meant it shouldn't be crashing by opening the terminal before finishing the first mission. I was only reporting the bugs and that it was able to get in the game now.

But, I was able to open the terminal after talking to Julius (crashes if I do it before talking to him)...it's still a bug that needs to be fixed though.

Also, good news for PPSSPP and this game: the game doesn't use bezier curves for its sky (so the sky should display in the official build).

[Image: s75r.jpg]

This is from my build, but I know I disabled bezier curves since mine are still very experimental (...and slow)
08-13-2013, 10:53 PM (This post was last modified: 08-13-2013 10:53 PM by Gurlok.)
I'd say that we are on the good road.

(08-13-2013 08:07 PM)CPkmn Wrote:  Also fwiw the God Eater Burst GE2 checking tool now boots (albeit sceKernelPrintf()'s a bit when starting but it's only purpose is to check savefile qualifications for transferring to God Eater 2, which it looks like it does nicely).
So users can now check their God Eater Burst savefiles on PPSSPP to see their current qualifications for transferring weapons to God Eater 2.

A tool? Sorry but I don't get this, it is a tool inside the demo or a separate tool? This is nice though, I wonder what kind of bonuses we will get for transfering saves.

08-13-2013, 11:22 PM (This post was last modified: 08-14-2013 12:48 AM by CPkmn.)
(08-13-2013 10:53 PM)Gurlok Wrote:  I'd say that we are on the good road.

Not totally there, but sort of. There are quite a few caveats for making it not crash.

(08-13-2013 10:53 PM)Gurlok Wrote:  
(08-13-2013 08:07 PM)CPkmn Wrote:  Also fwiw the God Eater Burst GE2 checking tool now boots (albeit sceKernelPrintf()'s a bit when starting but it's only purpose is to check savefile qualifications for transferring to God Eater 2, which it looks like it does nicely).

A tool? Sorry but I don't get this, it is a tool inside the demo or a separate tool? This is nice though, I wonder what kind of bonuses we will get for transfering saves.

It's a separate tool. Basically, the rules for transferring your God Eater Burst save to God Eater 2 (once it comes out) :

1) You can transfer a maximum of 12 weapons (blades, guns, and shields)
Note: not 12 of each. I mean 12 total (ie 4 blades, 4 guns, 4 shields, or any combination as long as it's no more than 12).

2) You don't just get to transfer the 12 weapons. By clearing 1 achievement, you can transfer 1 weapon (there are 12 achievements).

3) An achievement is cleared whenever at least 1 of the 3 checkboxes for a given achievement is checked. Having more than 1 check per achievement is possible, but it doesn't get you anything extra.

4) Obviously, it must be a save from the Japanese game.

edit- it looks like I spoke a bit soon. the area I was in didn't use bezier curves. I guess some areas use them and some don't.

[Image: hnlk.jpg]

Additionally, has anyone been able to finish and return from the 2 missions I don't have checked? They seem to crash when updating blood arts at the end of the missions.

[Image: r7ei.jpg]
08-14-2013, 01:28 AM
(08-13-2013 11:22 PM)CPkmn Wrote:  It's a separate tool. Basically, the rules for transferring your God Eater Burst save to God Eater 2 (once it comes out) :

Note: not 12 of each. I mean 12 total (ie 4 blades, 4 guns, 4 shields, or any combination as long as it's no more than 12).

2) You don't just get to transfer the 12 weapons. By clearing 1 achievement, you can transfer 1 weapon (there are 12 achievements).

3) An achievement is cleared whenever at least 1 of the 3 checkboxes for a given achievement is checked. Having more than 1 check per achievement is possible, but it doesn't get you anything extra.

Mmm, I see...I wonder if all the weapons from burst can be crafted on god eater 2 aswell, or if the only way to use them again is by data transfer, in the latter case we would be limited to 12 old weapons/shields. By the way could you please tell me where did you find the tool? I can't seem to find it (if the tool is free of course).

08-14-2013, 03:10 AM
(08-14-2013 01:28 AM)Gurlok Wrote:  
(08-13-2013 11:22 PM)CPkmn Wrote:  It's a separate tool. Basically, the rules for transferring your God Eater Burst save to God Eater 2 (once it comes out) :

Mmm, I see...I wonder if all the weapons from burst can be crafted on god eater 2 aswell, or if the only way to use them again is by data transfer, in the latter case we would be limited to 12 old weapons/shields. By the way could you please tell me where did you find the tool? I can't seem to find it (if the tool is free of course).

I'm not exactly sure if it's okay to share the link. According to the God Eater wikia, it came bundled with the 1.61 DLC or could be downloaded separately so I guess it might be okay (since the DLC was free, right?).

Some more things I noticed :

- jpcsp doesn't seem happy with my ppsspp save
- savestates don't seem to work (although I didn't expect them to with this demo's current emulation status...)
08-14-2013, 05:07 AM
wow this game is pretty nice Big Grin

@ckpmn
what mission is that with black sky? the one with 2 ogre tail? i havent seen something like that.
here's my ss in the mission

and yes i crash too in blood arts screen
08-14-2013, 02:47 PM
(08-14-2013 03:10 AM)CPkmn Wrote:  I'm not exactly sure if it's okay to share the link. According to the God Eater wikia, it came bundled with the 1.61 DLC or could be downloaded separately so I guess it might be okay (since the DLC was free, right?).

They should be, otherwise there would be no reason to make them legally downloadable on a wikia.

(08-14-2013 03:10 AM)CPkmn Wrote:  Some more things I noticed :

- jpcsp doesn't seem happy with my ppsspp save
- savestates don't seem to work (although I didn't expect them to with this demo's current emulation status...)

I can't really argue regarding the save compatibility, did you check the crypto mode on jpcsp?

08-15-2013, 11:16 AM
Wow what a nice "welcome"
I just tried the demo for the first time and when the character appear in the base was greet with really cool music compared to the previous game Smile

Using PPSSPP on Windows 7 x64 SP1
i7 4771 3.5Ghz,GTX750TI,16GB RAM

Batch iso <=> cso converter
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5384
Save Game\States Manager
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5516
08-16-2013, 06:37 PM
I pass the blood arts screen, using the hammer as a weapon because the game don´t show the blood arts, instead show other screen, if i use other weapon the game crash in the blood arts screen, i tested this using the build ppsspp-v0.8.1-1403-g33beb57 (64 bits), here the ss

[Image: ge21_zps77fa6ba5.png]
[Image: ge22_zps1ede5058.png]