Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Gold version suggestion
01-05-2013, 03:12 PM
Gold version suggestion
Like one of the users said in play store comments:

"What would be awesome is if you could give gold members the daily bleeding edge builds now that would make my day, I'm too lazy to get it off a site everyday when I could just get it from play store"

I think it's a great idea, even I'm personally fine with updates circles, but I think those people who's not on this forums, and don't know/want to get nightly builds might prefer to get the gold version which will be updated more often, like once a week or something like that
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-05-2013, 03:24 PM (This post was last modified: 01-05-2013 03:26 PM by stodag.)
RE: Gold version suggestion
yep 100% agree, i just purchased it good work give gold members the updates please thats a very goos idea.

good idea.XD

just noticed iv become 3 star member, is that because i purchased gold?
01-05-2013, 04:19 PM
Daily is too much of a hassle but I could do weekly.

I guess it's no harm if there's some breakage between versions because everyone who has gold can also install the free version.
01-05-2013, 04:52 PM (This post was last modified: 01-05-2013 04:58 PM by stodag.)
if its too much hard work m8 dont worry about its just an idea. We could always get them off the site, you probably got your hands full anyway keep up the good work.

if you could manage once a week that would be awesom.

better that way the latest update every week sound good.

Also one more thing, When jit is implemented will we notice it gradually through updates upto 0.6, or will it come all at once. thx
01-05-2013, 04:59 PM
(01-05-2013 04:19 PM)Henrik Wrote:  Daily is too much of a hassle but I could do weekly.

I guess it's no harm if there's some breakage between versions because everyone who has gold can also install the free version.

True, daily is just too much. Weekly would be great, and Henrik how many phones you have to test android version? I'm going to create a post a bit later about gl behaviour on tegra 3 vs Mali400, v0.4 and 0.5. As there are couple of issues on both, I've requested separate category for reporting bugs on android couple of times, perhaps it's just too early for that, but I think it will be easier to manage small things like gl behaviour on early stage, and I'm not sure if you're able to read all the forums threads to find one about bugs on current version.
01-05-2013, 05:31 PM
Henrik, when the emulator is stable android version will be paid, free or will have both versions? If two versions, which would make possible the paid version can not do that in free? Thank you.

Phones: Poco F3 8GB/256GB (Snapdragon 870 5G) and Redmi Note 6 Pro 4/64GB (Snapdragon 636)

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 / 16GB RAM DDR4 3600MHz / NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti 6GB / Windows 10 Pro
01-05-2013, 06:10 PM
There will always be both free and paid versions, and the only difference will be the icon and maybe how often I update them.
01-05-2013, 08:37 PM (This post was last modified: 01-05-2013 08:38 PM by HD2MAX.)
(01-05-2013 06:10 PM)Henrik Wrote:  There will always be both free and paid versions, and the only difference will be the icon and maybe how often I update them.

I agree with this, is the best for everyon

Thanks henrik for everything, and for their good work and ideals
01-05-2013, 08:42 PM (This post was last modified: 01-05-2013 08:44 PM by xperiaplay2someday.)
That is a excellent model. I think weekly will be good but honestly id rather have seperate more "stable" big releases ever so often and if I want the latest build if something big and experamental from the forum. If its just improvements with little regressions like it seems lately weeklys are welcome. Im pprobably going to jump from gold to git builds a lot, and it doesnt bother me

Also my old Xperia Play wont let me update the app, I have to uninstall it. That is for Website>Play store or website>website and play store>play store

Thanks for the hard work everyone
01-05-2013, 09:09 PM
I believe main reason for weekly updates in the gold one is that more people would buy it, which is like more support for developer, which is a great thing.
01-05-2013, 09:32 PM (This post was last modified: 01-05-2013 09:40 PM by stodag.)
people dont have to buy gold its by choice to support the dev, its 100% your own choice so buying gold should'nt mean we get extra perks, naturally i think he will give a few here and there but we were the ones askin for the donation version so we shouldnt expect to much.

If we want emulation to be as quick as possible, last thing we need is giving the devs extra work. The idea of daily updates was just an idea if henrick is happy givin weekly updates then lets embrace it.

To be honest i would prefere the latest build every week when progres could be made cause lets be honest how much progress can be made daily. XD

people dont have to buy gold its by choice to support the dev, its 100% your own choice so buying gold should'nt mean we get extra perks, naturally i think he will give a few here and there but we were the ones askin for the donation version so we shouldnt expect to much.
01-05-2013, 10:47 PM (This post was last modified: 01-05-2013 11:13 PM by Henrik.)
Henrik's a look at this: It seems that [cut link, let's not give him any attention] copied your emulator and they are selling.

The problem is that the United States costs about $ 7.00 here in Brazil it costs R $ 13,27 double gold version. It is priced way high here.

Phones: Poco F3 8GB/256GB (Snapdragon 870 5G) and Redmi Note 6 Pro 4/64GB (Snapdragon 636)

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 / 16GB RAM DDR4 3600MHz / NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti 6GB / Windows 10 Pro
01-05-2013, 11:03 PM (This post was last modified: 01-05-2013 11:07 PM by stodag.)
he already knows m8

look at(your works been stolen ) section

quote from henrick (its legal just lame)

Hes reported the fact that its not his.
01-25-2013, 12:25 PM
Had no idea there was a pay for version to support the devs. Awesome, just bought it - keep up the excellent work!! Smile