Thread Rating:
  • 21 Votes - 4.14 Average
Guide:- Maximizing the performance of PPSSPP on your Android/Windows device.
08-26-2013, 03:07 PM (This post was last modified: 08-26-2013 05:36 PM by za8heartnet.)
Wink RE: Guide:- Maximizing the performance of PPSSPP on your Android/Windows device.
Thanks for this guide. Now i can play almost game on ppsspp with full speed. Just want to share something Smile. I don't know if someone has said this before. For anyone who want gain little speed and smoothness when play ppsspp on android devices, try enable setting at developer option and check 'disable hardware overlays' and 'force gpu rendering' (You can check either one or both). It basically forcing every single app's drawing to be rendered by the GPU instead of cpu. As i know ppsspp is heavily depends on cpu. When you check of this two option, ppsspp now will gain little extra cpu power.

Blush Pro - would be smoother drawing in certain apps where HW acceleration is not utilized.
Confused Con - would be decrease in battery life, and possibly increase in overall phone temperature.
- certain apps may crashed by enable this option.

FYI, i have been playing Danganronpa on ppsspp android. Of course we have to used 'read framebuffers to memory(cpu)) mode which is essential to play danganronpa. Before i check this two option the speed is roughly in 16-24/30. After i enable it, the speed is increase in 28-31/30Big Grin.

However i not guarantee this tips is working on all android devices as it also depends on cpu and gpu specs.

Update 08-27-2013:

Well thats weird Huh . Now i know why i can play danganronpa with 'Read Framebuffers To Memory(CPU)' mode smoothly. Here what i thought Sleepy . While i playing danganronpa then leave the game(not closed) to used any other applications and then back to draganronpa, the rendering mode is automatically switch to 'Read Framebuffers To Memory(GPU)' or 'Buffered rendering' mode eventhough on screen, it still display rendering mode is 'Read Framebuffers To Memory(CPU)'. I said that because i can't interact with other characters in danganronpa.

Unfortunately this tips may actually not work but you can try playing with that setting. Maybe you can get 2-5% speed thats why i think Wink .
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Guide:- Maximizing the performance of PPSSPP on your Android/Windows device. - za8heartnet - 08-26-2013 03:07 PM