Thread Rating:
  • 21 Votes - 4.14 Average
Guide:- Maximizing the performance of PPSSPP on your Android/Windows device.
08-02-2013, 11:28 AM (This post was last modified: 08-02-2013 11:31 AM by solarmystic.)
RE: Guide:- Maximizing the performance of PPSSPP on your Android/Windows device.
(08-02-2013 11:17 AM)Grimmer Wrote:  That thread will be useful for sure, but I still have problems with some games (f.e. Wipeout Pure) to gain 60 VPS as it was before. PPSSPP is quite heavy now for mobile devices I guess. BTW, one question about CPU locking: somebody write about it that you need to lock it to exactly frequency: for example if game will be gaining a lot of speed while CPU is locked for 66Mhz and you lock it to 65 or 67Mhz then you'll not gain any boost. Is that true for every game?
Yeah, I know, that post is kinda messy.

It varies from game to game. (and also surprisingly, your own device)

Each game will have a different range of acceptable CPU frequencies that is also dependent on the power of your own device.

So the only right answer for that option is to experiment, and see which range works best for you in that particular game, using your specific device.

(PC and Android devices also have different thresholds using that option)

If you were to ask me for a globally safe frequency that you could apply to all games and still see some performance increase, I'm afraid there isn't a single answer that'd cover all the scenarios.

I've discovered (on the PC that is), that 111 MHz is relatively safe for most games, but again, there are some that will REFUSE to boot at anything below 222 MHz. (like Tekken 6)

Again, my advice to you is to experiment, and jot down the frequencies that work best for your device when playing a certain game.

You can always change it back to the default 222 MHz if something goes wrong. It's virtually risk-free.

PPSSPP Modern Testbed:-
Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.0 GHz
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 760 2GB GDDR5 VRAM @ 1138/6500 Mhz
16 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1600 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1

PPSSPP Ancient Testing Rig:-
Intel Core 2 Duo T9550 @ 2.8GHz
ATI Mobility Radeon 4670 1GB GDDR3 VRAM @ 843/882 MHz
8 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1066 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Guide:- Maximizing the performance of PPSSPP on your Android/Windows device. - solarmystic - 08-02-2013 11:28 AM