Thread Rating:
  • 21 Votes - 4.14 Average
Guide:- Maximizing the performance of PPSSPP on your Android/Windows device.
04-29-2016, 07:07 PM
RE: Guide:- Maximizing the performance of PPSSPP on your Android/Windows device.
(02-16-2016 02:47 AM)chaosblade02 Wrote:  I haven't read the entire topic, but I recently installed PPSSPP on my Motorola Moto E quad core ($80 phone). The only game I've tried on it currently is FFT: Lion wars. I got it running great. The game with default settings ran 60-80% speed during battles most of the time, but I put the frame skip setting to 3 and it runs 100% speed now. The speed up toggle also works just fine. I messed around with a bunch of settings people recommended I toggle on/off and none of them made the game run any better. Frame skip was the only thing that worked. 100% speed by skipping 3 frames is still a whole lot smoother than sub 100% speed with no frame skip, can't be too picky on smart phones IMO. Doesn't run as good as on PC, but I wasn't expecting this to even work on an $80 phone, so I'm happy with the performance I'm getting. The touch screen controls aren't really suited for precision imputs. Like there is no way I could play a game like Monster Hunter or FF type 0 with the touch screen without dropping tons of inputs.

I had another account on these forums, but I can't even remember the username, let alone the password, so I made another one. It was an account in good standing, not banned.

How about a settings update for V1.2.2?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-08-2016, 05:53 AM
RE: Guide:- Maximizing the performance of PPSSPP on your Android/Windows device.
Extremely black graphics in God of war ghoast of sparta at certain places
08-30-2016, 09:14 AM (This post was last modified: 08-30-2016 09:42 AM by pavlovic.)
Hello.
I had same problem like everyone with lag before i did some changes in settings. Here is video with my current settings and how game looks like: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JegAvk5_Tjc...e=youtu.be On begining emulated psp's cpu clock was 0 by default and I feel diference when i incrased that number (to 222mhz) and now it's working like you can see in video. Can i make it more better cuz this is still some kind of lagy, i don't know is it noticable when you watching video but i think it's not 100% of speed. Maybe my phone isn't able to run it better than this or i just need to configure different settings? Ofc i tried other settings too - no better results than this but i don't know everything about ppsspp so i asking here for tips.

Almost forgot, my phone is Xperia Arc S, android 2.3.4, rest specifications i guess many people know so i will not type it. If anyone have some experience with this phone and ppsspp games on them, please let me know what to do.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: May CF3D be threat for real? I deleted it when i saw message like "CF3D detected, may cau...blabla".
09-03-2016, 05:03 PM
Chainfire3D causes problems for sure. Basically, it works like this:

We might need to copy data from one framebuffer to another, so we check - does the GPU support this or do we need to do it manually?

If yes, we go through a bit of overhead and wasted time to prepare things, so that we can use the fast GPU copy.

If no, we use optimized code to make the copy without the GPU there to assist with its speed. It's not as fast but it's as close as we can get.

But Chainfire3D throws a wrench in the works. It lies. It fibs something bad, and says you DO support a fast GPU copy. So then here's what happens:

We think yes, so we waste a bunch of time preparing things, and then tell the GPU to do a fast copy. It can't, so either it fails, or more likely Chainfire3D code intercepts and then tries to backtrack, eventually figuring out (after wasting more time) the original copy we wanted to do, and then finally copies the slow way.

Note that sometimes, Chainfire3D may cause us to skip things and might cause rendering issues - this might be faster, although glitchier. But in other cases as I described above, it just makes things slower.

I get its usage for a game where the developers were too lazy to implement a "not fast GPU copy", because it may allow you to play the game on an unsupported device. That's not the case with PPSSPP.

-[Unknown]
03-16-2017, 05:46 PM (This post was last modified: 03-16-2017 06:48 PM by Asferot.)
Hey! Check this out...
That's my blog in which my own PPSSPP settings are posted. That really works.

MOD EDIT: adf.ly link removed.
03-16-2017, 06:52 PM (This post was last modified: 03-16-2017 06:57 PM by Asferot.)
(03-16-2017 05:46 PM)Lavish Wrote:  Hey! Check this out...
That's my blog in which my own PPSSPP settings are posted. That really works.

MOD EDIT: adf.ly link removed.

Your first post on forum is a adf.ly link to settings... And old emulator version?
Sorry, but I had to remove it. Please link it using the actual address. Also, that blog seems scammy as all hell, judging by the address alone.

Everything is Hitsuzen!
03-30-2017, 08:26 AM
Thanks henry now I can enjoy my GTA vice city
05-17-2017, 04:44 AM
good day, can someone help me figure out how to fix the layering in sd gundam overworld? the top one is from pc emulator and the lower on android
07-11-2017, 03:54 PM
Hello Guys, I made an account here because I think my PPSSPP aren't using all my hardware:

Moto X 2014 with root and Android 7.1.1
Snapdragon 801 QuadCore 2,5Ghz
Adreno 330 (500Mhz)
2GB RAM
PPSSPP Gold v1.4.2.

Why I think this ?
Because I forced CPU and GPU clock to maximum speed and performance settings.
I was playing PS1 emulator with OpenGL (especificaly, MGS1) and was running fine, my smartphone heats well and battery drains fast (normal).
In PPSSPP, Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops runs in average 3~7 FPS, smartphone didn't heat like PS1 emulator, and Battery don't drains as fast.
So, I think PPSSPP isn't using all my hardware. Sugestions ?
Thanks in advance
07-12-2017, 12:13 PM
I read here that .CSO image is a type of .ISO compressed, and in games that needs a lot of read access, can cause low FPS because need to decompress and process every file. (Some games read and leave all in RAM, and in this type of game aren't perceptible)
My MGS PO was in .CSO (around 800MB), I converted to .ISO (around 1.300MB) and I had a realy improvement in performance. Now I'm getting 10~20FPS (MGS PO is 20FPS fixed in code, so 20FPS is the maximum for this game).
I think it's relevant for this topic to use only .ISO if you want to get performance.
Anyway, I still think that my PPSSPP isn't using all my hardware, I need to test with another game.
09-02-2017, 04:59 PM
I just got a small technical question.How does the cpu usage work.I got a lot of different emu's and ppsspp are actually the only one that doesn't run my pc on performance mode.Cpu's 4.2 ghz but run in save mode on 1.4ghz.Doesn't matter tho as even on max settings doesn't have any problem would just like to know why Big Grin

@Dan: I have a lot of games in cso and all of them works fine limited to 60 fps.Most prob depends on hardware tho but i do have a crap cpu Tongue
09-03-2017, 03:52 AM (This post was last modified: 09-03-2017 03:54 AM by GuilhermeGS2.)
(09-02-2017 04:59 PM)Clariska Wrote:  I just got a small technical question.How does the cpu usage work.I got a lot of different emu's and ppsspp are actually the only one that doesn't run my pc on performance mode.Cpu's 4.2 ghz but run in save mode on 1.4ghz.Doesn't matter tho as even on max settings doesn't have any problem would just like to know why Big Grin

@Dan: I have a lot of games in cso and all of them works fine limited to 60 fps.Most prob depends on hardware tho but i do have a crap cpu Tongue

Depending on the API (non-OpenGL) the CPU usage will be very low. PPSSPP isn't a heavy emulator for PC, the only thing that avoids it to run in any PC is the crap integrated GPUs with poor driver. Any dual-core (Pentium, Core 2 Duo) CPU from 10 years ago can run most games fine. If your GPU supports Vulkan, you'll have a very low CPU usage in most games (depending on your CPU you could say it's in idle mode lol), God of War will run with less than the half of CPU usage compared to OpenGL.

Phones: Poco F3 8GB/256GB (Snapdragon 870 5G) and Redmi Note 6 Pro 4/64GB (Snapdragon 636)

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 / 16GB RAM DDR4 3600MHz / NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti 6GB / Windows 10 Pro
10-30-2017, 06:10 PM (This post was last modified: 10-31-2017 06:23 PM by mr grapefruit.)
Hi, I read the guide carefully, and most of my games are running ok with a few tweaks, except, tomb raider anniversary and resistance retribution. (tried every single combination of on and off and still they are lagged)

They both are trying to run at 60fps even though I've seen videos running perfectly at 30.(why can this be happening? is it the ppsspp build or is it the iso in particular)

My question being, if I have this device: Samsung galaxy tab E 9,6' with has a quad core 1.3 processor (ARMv7 processor v7i) , and v-card. (MALI-400MP)

Could it be a matter of the video card or the processor? or should I look for a different ROM or ISO? if it's the device I'll have to accept it but I could try a different way to ripp the ISO

anyway just wanted to be sure before looking for other games (because I have to admit the look like super fun and it just pisses me off to play in slomo)
12-10-2017, 02:58 AM
Hmmm.. i got alot porblem about this Sad
what is mean PPSSPP ??
01-04-2018, 12:16 PM
Great!!