Thread Rating:
  • 21 Votes - 4.14 Average
Guide:- Maximizing the performance of PPSSPP on your Android/Windows device.
11-25-2015, 05:32 AM
RE: Guide:- Maximizing the performance of PPSSPP on your Android/Windows device.
(11-24-2015 05:11 PM)farahjr Wrote:  What do You mean with it?

Why my device should not "suport" this configurarion?

My memory of the Android docs are that they suggest some devices don't support it. I don't know why. Probably your device does support it.

(11-24-2015 05:11 PM)farahjr Wrote:  THe most probably thing is that this game uses a mechanic not yeti fully comprehensive for the devs. Like the bold line on the Digimons that ony got possible since an update, but the option destroy the image quality.

What's happening here is that the game is downloading parts of what have been drawn, and then running some code to update it, and then uploading it back.

On the PSP, doing that was very fast - you could easily download and upload from the GPU.

On modern OpenGL devices, especially phones, this is not a very fast operation. Additionally, the download *MUST* happen at 1x, because the game's brain will explode if we suddenly give it > 1x worth of pixels to work with when applying the outlines.

It's quite likely this is causing slow performance in that game, at least. We have three settings which control some of this new behavior which allows effects like this to work:

* Simulate block transfer: this allows download/upload operations. They are slow, but necessary for certain effects in games to work right.

* Disable slow effects: these are other effects, known to be slow, which have a (usually much lower-quality) alternative faster implementation, or can be skipped. Checking this option will skip these effects.

* Rendering mode: when set to "Skip buffer effects", a large class of effects will be skipped. "Skip buffer effects" also means block transfers cannot work, and will disable some "slow effects" too. However, some games rely heavily on buffer effects and will only display black with this setting.

-[Unknown]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Guide:- Maximizing the performance of PPSSPP on your Android/Windows device. - [Unknown] - 11-25-2015 05:32 AM