Thread Rating:
  • 21 Votes - 4.14 Average
Guide:- Maximizing the performance of PPSSPP on your Android/Windows device.
11-24-2015, 06:51 AM
RE: Guide:- Maximizing the performance of PPSSPP on your Android/Windows device.
(11-23-2015 11:21 AM)farahjr Wrote:  -I can play similar games "playably" like Persona 3 and Ragnarok both at limit.
-If I speed up there is a huge frame skiping so i can assume that some of these specs on my processor and video chip were a litlle good for those games.

Well, frameskipping means we skip sending things to your video driver and ultimately video card. We keep doing everything else - all CPU processing, music processing, etc.

I'm going to use another analogy here - music.

Someone could play a piano, a flute, or a guitar for you. In all three cases, the result would be music. And ultimately, if you are enjoying the music, it's often not that important to you exactly what instrument is making it - just like with video games, you don't really focus on how the game is doing its graphics, as long as they are enjoyable.

Your phone might just not have very good breathing. So it can't play flutes so well, because it gets out of breath when it plays for very long. But it might have no trouble playing the guitar or the piano.

The point is, different games do things differently. Different hardware has different strengths, and different challenges. There are even some ways of drawing graphics that are just hard to emulate on any hardware.

All devices have a "bandwidth" for pixels. This is called the fill rate. Some devices have lower fill rates, others have higher fill rates. And how complicated the drawing is can affect this - if there are lights and shadows and etc., it can in some cases "cost" more fill rate.

Some games will draw, for example, an ocean, and then ground, and then grass, and then buildings on top of that. You might be in a building, but the game is actually redrawing everything below your feet, every single frame. As you can imagine, this "eats up" fill rate faster than if it only drew what you could see.

So it really depends on the game - and on the device. Just because something makes one game faster definitely doesn't mean it'll make all games faster.

(11-23-2015 11:21 AM)farahjr Wrote:  But Digimon Adventure have a little more MBs on its iso. Something like 300 or 500MB more than those games that I can play.

ISO size is just another number. It's kinda like judging runners by the number of shoes they have. Yeah, it could be related somehow, but probably not very much.

(11-23-2015 11:21 AM)farahjr Wrote:  Is there not a way to low this native internal resolution?

There is. There are two settings - the "Rendering resolution" and the "Display resolution (HW scaler)". Change both to 1x PSP, and it will use 1x as much as your device supports.

Rendering resolution is what things are actually displayed at. This is the more expensive part, in most cases.

Display resolution is what it's actually copied to your screen at. This can be expensive on devices with low bandwidth.

-[Unknown]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Guide:- Maximizing the performance of PPSSPP on your Android/Windows device. - [Unknown] - 11-24-2015 06:51 AM