Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Problem....
07-25-2013, 12:52 PM
Problem....
    this is the problem, anyone can help me solve it? please.....
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-25-2013, 01:00 PM
RE: Problem....
Don't bother with the official release, download the latest build under "Automated PPSSPP builds" from here (remember to download the version compatible with your os). Also, maybe you are missing the visual c++ redistributable package, 32-bit and 64-bit, if your os is a 32 bit install the first one, while if it is a 64 you can install both.

Since English is not my first language sorry for some misspelling on my posts
07-25-2013, 01:23 PM (This post was last modified: 07-25-2013 01:25 PM by vsub_.)
Currently it's not very good idea to use the latest revs...major changes are currently done to them and there are some problems with them.

Also,there are games that work only on 0.8.1 and below but judging from that image,I don't think the problem is a game.

Using PPSSPP on Windows 7 x64 SP1
i7 4771 3.5Ghz,GTX750TI,16GB RAM

Batch iso <=> cso converter
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5384
Save Game\States Manager
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5516
07-25-2013, 01:37 PM (This post was last modified: 07-25-2013 01:41 PM by solarmystic.)
(07-25-2013 01:23 PM)vsub_ Wrote:  Currently it's not very good idea to use the latest revs...major changes are currently done to them and there are some problems with them.

Also,there are games that work only on 0.8.1 and below but judging from that image,I don't think the problem is a game.

The idea behind asking users to use the latest nightlies for troubleshooting their problems is so that we can see whether or not we've already fixed them in those aforementioned revisions.

If the issue lies with the general operation of the emulator, i.e. It is not a game specific issue, there is no harm in globally recommending the newest and latest. That way, if the issue persists, we can work on it right away, to the benefit of every user.

If it doesn't, the devs won't have to waste precious time chasing a phantom of an issue that's already been resolved.

Recommending a user to stick to an older "official/stable" or nightly release is only useful for the minority of PSP games that have their functionality regressed in the latest revisions.

Only suggested on a game by game basis, and also documented within each game specific thread.

Also, maybe for legacy Symbian Users that have issues with 0.7.6 and above and are still stuck to 0.7.5

PPSSPP Modern Testbed:-
Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.0 GHz
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 760 2GB GDDR5 VRAM @ 1138/6500 Mhz
16 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1600 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1

PPSSPP Ancient Testing Rig:-
Intel Core 2 Duo T9550 @ 2.8GHz
ATI Mobility Radeon 4670 1GB GDDR3 VRAM @ 843/882 MHz
8 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1066 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1
07-25-2013, 01:40 PM (This post was last modified: 07-25-2013 01:43 PM by Gurlok.)
(07-25-2013 01:23 PM)vsub_ Wrote:  Currently it's not very good idea to use the latest revs...major changes are currently done to them and there are some problems with them.

Problem is, we can't really suggest some older build, moreover (as you say) his problems aren't likely related to a game. I just want to be sure if the crash was caused by the official release.

EDIT: I was posting while solarmystic made his post. Yeah, he explained straightforward the reason.

Since English is not my first language sorry for some misspelling on my posts