Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Looking for a RPG to play on PPSSPP
07-26-2013, 02:17 AM
RE: Looking for a RPG to play on PPSSPP
(07-25-2013 06:16 PM)Gurlok Wrote:  I too played and cleared FFIII DS version, but as far I know it's just a again a direct port, nothing spectacular or new to find...played and cleared also the GBA version of FFIV (ditched the ds version, didn't like it) which I found harder than other FF games, but I'll definitely play the PSP version, since it add much more content (like The After Years). Regarding Type-0 there is a work in progress english patch, but if I were you I wouldn't hold my breath.
The resolution of the PSP version is better and Desmume does not support higher resolution unlike PPSSPP. The PSP version does not require cheats to unlock onion class and secret boss.

(07-25-2013 09:46 PM)Hansuke Wrote:  As for the Ys series. It is definitely an interesting series but I believe (not too sure on this one) they were all ported to the PC. So, I might give it a try but on the PC side instead only due to it being more native to 1080p.
Ys Origins is only for PC. Ys The Oath in Felghana has PC and PSP version. The PSP version may be played on Android with PPSSPP.
Ys Seven has English version only for PSP.
The old Ys games are not good. I tried Ys III and it was unplayable for me, and the remake, The Oath in Felghana, is completely a new game and I enjoyed it. Ys Foliage Ocean in Celtea is only for Vita and it seems very good. It is completely a new game based on Ys 4, which is bad due to the bump battle system. But a PC version of Foliage Ocean in Celtea is not impossible.

(07-25-2013 09:46 PM)Hansuke Wrote:  As for Final Fantasy Tactics War Of Lions, I wish it was fully emulated on the PPSSPP but it isn't yet. As I'd definitely go for a 14th run on FFT for that(yes I beat it 14 times now lol). The Dark Knight class draws me in that much honestly. Let alone Balthier is playable which is awesome too. (Though I hated his character I loved archers/snipers in FFT) Tongue
I am not very experienced with SRPGs, but characters with ranged attacks are very good for me.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Looking for a RPG to play on PPSSPP - Squall - 07-26-2013 02:17 AM