Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
Midnight Club DUB Edition
07-22-2013, 12:48 PM
Midnight Club DUB Edition
I realize this is not new, and I have made requests on other threads here concerning this issue but as of a month later there still is no fix for this problem. I am using the newest .8 build on Windows 7 with all the settings default as I didn't change anything upon loading it. So the game starts fine, but the menu options graphics are a tad off, the highlighted area is not on the actual menu option you are choosing, the same can be said for when you go to change controls. There is no audio during cutscenes and gameplay explanation. But the 2 major problems that make it hard/impossible to play are 1: There is no MiniMap on screen, while it isn't a game stopper it certainly makes things tougher. But the problem that stops me from playing past buying the first car is that the screen splits into several small screen as soon as you begin to race. You can cruise all you want but races split screen when the track music fades. If you change the track it goes back to one normal screen until the title fades and then you are back to a bunch of tiny screens. Can someone please help me???? Huh
Find all posts by this user
07-22-2013, 03:05 PM
RE: Midnight Club DUB Edition
Download the latest beta build from here http://buildbot.orphis.net/ppsspp/ and see if there is any improvement.There is a problem that cause multiple screens(check the game thread here http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3449)
07-22-2013, 06:23 PM
Sad RE: Midnight Club DUB Edition
Ok, on the build I have, 0.8.1 I tried unchecking the buffer option but that makes my screen go blank during gameplay. I downloaded the last 4 builds uploaded on the page you recommended 731-734-735-736 but when I go to load the game using any of those it does nothing but say ESC for Pause Menu across the top of a black screen. SadSadHuh
07-23-2013, 10:23 AM (This post was last modified: 07-23-2013 11:01 AM by lissa.)
Ok now if I uncheck Buffered Rendering the game loads, I can see the intro but cannot hear it. After the intro is over I get a black screen but I can hear the game. UGH On the other thread that said to fix it enable buffered rendering and disable media engine. Well, I enabled br but there is no media engine option on .8.1 so I am not sure what else to do. This is honestly the only game I want, and if I can get it to work right Ill buy the gold ppsspp. Can someone please help me?

Also, I have tried all the newer builds posted since .8.1 but when I go to load the game on any of those all it says it ESC for pause menu but nothing happens.
07-23-2013, 11:09 AM
Using latest beta build Intro videos give black screen,you can skip them but in game there is a problem with image as not appearing correctly(Do not disable buffered rendering during game,it will black screen and image will never come back)
Please reply in game thread(Details there)
07-26-2013, 05:43 PM
(07-23-2013 11:09 AM)sfageas Wrote:  Using latest beta build Intro videos give black screen,you can skip them but in game there is a problem with image as not appearing correctly(Do not disable buffered rendering during game,it will black screen and image will never come back)
Please reply in game thread(Details there)

And a fix:

(07-25-2013 11:10 AM)Bloccstyle Wrote:  The only working version is "ppsspp-v0.8.1-470-g476382d". Anything before and after this version, there are problems with them.

OMG FINALLY! YAY! The minimap is fixed, the multiple screens are fixed! The only glitch now is there is no audio during cut scenes and gameplay explanation but that is minor. Thank you SO MUCH!
07-26-2013, 05:47 PM
Unfortunately the game runs slow on my phone, run at 30 VPS but 0 FPS.

Phones: Poco F3 8GB/256GB (Snapdragon 870 5G) and Redmi Note 6 Pro 4/64GB (Snapdragon 636)

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 / 16GB RAM DDR4 3600MHz / NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti 6GB / Windows 10 Pro
Thread Closed