Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Gold 0.8.1-2-g0cfbde7 :: Dissidia 012 :: Save State Crash
07-22-2013, 12:05 AM (This post was last modified: 07-22-2013 12:28 AM by AskaLangly.)
Gold 0.8.1-2-g0cfbde7 :: Dissidia 012 :: Save State Crash
I was playing some battles until I needed to utilize save states in order to prevent myself from losing. After used from time to time, a load state caused the emulator to crash. Eventually a save state crashed as well. Upon reloading, the emulator prompts that I'm using a save state from a prior build, therefore can't use it. But I saved within the same emulator, I sure know it.

No crash log or verbose on-hand, sorry.

EDIT: May I add that I did a full data install. Seems movies are working for me...
EDIT 2: Turned off Data Install option... still nothing. Save states are broken, it seems...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-22-2013, 01:08 AM
RE: Gold 0.8.1-2-g0cfbde7 :: Dissidia 012 :: Save State Crash
There is already a thread about the game here. Ask there instead of making threads about the same game. Don't rely too much on savestates, crashes are expected, from what you said that savestate is broken and not recoverable anymore.

Since English is not my first language sorry for some misspelling on my posts
Find all posts by this user
07-22-2013, 01:30 AM
@AskaLangly
I see that you are using an early build v0.8.1-2-g0cfbde7, have you tried the latest nightly builds which at the time of writing this would be: v0.8.1-716-gc7298cc, found at http://buildbot.orphis.net/ppsspp/index.php

The issue may well be fixed by now.

Also when people mention that save-state's don't work between different emulators, they mean different builds of the same emulator as some of the save-state routines may well of been improved resulting in all save-state's not working in newer builds, and vice versa (incompatible), if that makes sense.
07-22-2013, 04:29 AM
Expect savesate to stop working when updating. you should rely on real save before you update an emulator.

Hey everybody, tired of the way games are reported here? look here ->> http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5901

--Current Mobile device--
Htc one, Xplay, Walkman z, Samsung ace IIx (crap)

--Current Computer--
1x (e8200, shitty ram (3go), 9600gt)
1x (e6750, better ram (2go), no video card)
1x (i5-3210M, ram (4Go),650M)
07-22-2013, 06:04 AM
But in his case he was using the same build, I think that he spammed save/load states too quickly ending with a crash. The emu doesn't properly recognize the save (being corrupt) hence he can't use it anymore. As The Phoenix suggested pick a new build, I wasn't paying attention to the one you listed (my bad), and try your luck upon loading the save state, but don't hold your breath, if the same buld can't recognize it, chances are even lesser for a newer one.

07-22-2013, 09:40 AM
Alright, I'll get to it. Don't nightlies tend to be experimental though? Don't want to use something that will break more often than stable.
07-22-2013, 10:12 AM
(07-22-2013 09:40 AM)AskaLangly Wrote:  Alright, I'll get to it. Don't nightlies tend to be experimental though? Don't want to use something that will break more often than stable.

Keep in mind that developers always say to focus on normal saves, rather than savestate, the only advice I can give you is to make a backup of your savestates every now and then to avoid a major loss.