Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3.67 Average
Super Robot Wars Operation Extend
12-24-2013, 01:49 PM (This post was last modified: 12-24-2013 01:55 PM by Blackord.)
RE: Super Robot Wars Operation Extend
Is it normal that every chapter except 7 and 8 are showing up? Chapter 7 and 8 missions are not there (on mission select menu), maybe you should complete other missions in order them to show up?

memstick/PSP/GAME/NPJH50521/all DLC chapters files mixed up ( without folders )

Tell me pls if something is wrong.

--- Favorite games: Monster Hunter Series ---
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-27-2013, 09:36 AM (This post was last modified: 12-27-2013 09:36 AM by BronBron06.)
Oh man still slow Sad

My PC Specs

Intel Quad 6600
Nvidia GTX 280
4GB ram
Win 7 x64
12-27-2013, 11:42 AM (This post was last modified: 12-27-2013 11:42 AM by Blackord.)
It's actually fullspeed on v0.8.1-642-g8f84907.And no graphical issue for me.

--- Favorite games: Monster Hunter Series ---
12-31-2013, 11:36 PM (This post was last modified: 01-01-2014 12:30 AM by karry299.)
How do you people play this ? I've tried latest build and one of October ones - it doesnt even load, either crashes straight away or hangs the emu.

Edit : Okay, apparently it cant be loaded if it's in .cso, only .iso will work, for some inexplicable reason. What ?
02-03-2014, 12:56 PM
@Karry299 It works fine as CSO. On my past experimenting I can say through that messing with the iso like removing unneded files(update etc.) can easily break the cso even if iso works fully without any problems, so make a new clean backup of the original game and cso made from it should work just fine.

Oh and the game does have awful cpu requirements comparing to other psp games under ppsspp.
It however might be caused by some bug. The cpu taxing happens pretty much only when we open character menu by moving the cursor over it or when activating some menu manually, if the game activates the very same menu itself(like when our character get's attacked, it's opened automatically) the slowdown is not present, unless it was affecting the game already. No extra errors show up, also JIT, i/o on thread, fast memory does not affect it, with multithreading the game for some reason doesn't want to use all cpu power unless being forced(alternative speed set to 100% gives me full speed if it hovers around 80 or so on my underclocked amd cpu).

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
03-03-2014, 01:36 AM (This post was last modified: 03-03-2014 02:01 AM by darkjlc.)
settings for android dual core?? please

settings for android dual core please...
03-04-2014, 12:10 AM
This game is really GPU CPU demanding, mine is slow if u look at my PC Spec, then you guys can compare, a year old PC should have no problems on fullspeed though

Humble PC Spec
Intel Core2 Quad 2.40GHz
4GB Ram
64-bit OS
ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series
Controllers Xbox, PS3 with DS3Tool and a whole bunch of joysticks for joy
04-16-2014, 07:45 AM (This post was last modified: 06-23-2014 09:36 PM by LunaMoo.)
The heaviness in that game still bugs me as I hate to waste power when it doesn't feel necessary so I tested a few stuff, it happens mostly when selecting some of the units, including enemies, but not all, the only thing happening in the log then is creation of a new thread which was showing only once, however. Debug statistics shown the most active syscall all the time is sceKernelWaitSema and it get's multiplied by like 4 times during that extra heaviness.

With my limiting understanding this wait was just an empty load, so I go to that function and divided the wait by 4 basically changing:
Code:
int result = __KernelWaitSema(id, wantedCount, timeoutPtr, false);
to
Code:
int result = __KernelWaitSema(id, wantedCount/4, timeoutPtr, false);
A bucket of cold water - the game didn't boot thanks to failure with thread creation I made xD, however to my suprise when I loaded a savestate in-game the heavy moments were working as fast as the light ones were running before and everything else was lighter by 4 times as well.

I thought I found the culprit and instead of dividing the variable I wanted to cap it at some reasonable value, however even capping it to 1 didn't worked and from what I checked the wantedCount is actually always 1 in the first place. So basically I was just setting it to 0 and cut of some threads because of that.

I printed that function to test stuff and normally it's:
Code:
58:03:523 AnimeThread  W[KERNEL]: HLE\sceKernelSemaphore.cpp:411 00000000=sceKernelWaitSema(317, 1, 0)
58:03:523 MemPoolFreeT W[KERNEL]: HLE\sceKernelSemaphore.cpp:411 00000000=sceKernelWaitSema(317, 1, 0)
58:03:523 AnimeThread  W[KERNEL]: HLE\sceKernelSemaphore.cpp:411 00000000=sceKernelWaitSema(317, 1, 0)
58:03:523 MemPoolFreeT W[KERNEL]: HLE\sceKernelSemaphore.cpp:411 00000000=sceKernelWaitSema(317, 1, 0)
basically creating small ui image and freeing it constantly over and over again.

When I do set it to 0 it seems to only create the image:
Code:
56:05:651 AnimeThread  W[KERNEL]: HLE\sceKernelSemaphore.cpp:412 800201bd=sceKernelWaitSema(317, 0, 0)
56:05:651 AnimeThread  W[KERNEL]: HLE\sceKernelSemaphore.cpp:412 800201bd=sceKernelWaitSema(317, 0, 0)
possibly resulting in memory leak didn't really noticed, but also decreasing thread creation count which made the game much ligher.

Looking at the timestamps when printing this in the log, the game is really spammy with those two threads creation, it does it way more often than it should, GOW hack for fps didn't helped in this case at all, maybe because it already lags with just thread creation not the actual graphics or simply GOW hack fails totally here since it's 30fps game, not sure, it might be something else than GOW hack affects in the first place. My accident 4x speedup was still leaving the game spamming the thread way more than it should, so this game actually might actually be really light with a proper hack or fix. Don't really have much ideas how to do that myself through.

Blah this really feels like yet another proof that japanese game developers are lazy/suck at coding and depend too much on the hardware limitations. ;c

==================================================

Edit that might make some people happy:
Based on my findings above, I made an experimental speedhack for this game and now improved it, so another edit to clean up this post, anyway this doesn't require any coding tools or anything, it's just a simple cw cheat:
Code:
//warning: this is only for v1.08 jp, as far as I searched there are no english patches obtainable in legal way(through patches) yet, and I'll not be porting this to any weird, outdated-prepatched-pirated iso's flying around the net which some people here might have, please don't even ask me about it.
_C1 Speedhack v2
_L 0x200A56C8 0x00000000
_L 0x200A56A0 0x00000000
_L 0x200A5714 0x00000000
You'll have to restart emulation after activating this cheat/basically have it activated from the start, then load/start the game normally without using savestates. (You can use them later on ofc, just don't load any which were made before activating the cheat and restarting emulation as speedhack activated in-game, doesn't really give as much as it can.)

This cheat will boost the game speed by removing a few heavy functions which doesn't seem to have any actual use in the game other than making it much heavier than it should be(at least on ppsspp), counting the first version of this I tested this speedhack quite a lot already playing through few chapters in the game, often testing max speed going over 5 times what it previously was and in some moments where those removed functions were the only heavy thing even more. Suprisingly it doesn't cause any side effects, ofc there are some glitchy graphics in this game during battle animations, but this is not caused by the speedhack, it looks same in official version ~ just mentioning in case someone will actually play it for the first time with the speedhackTongue.

As far as I can tell it's completely free speedup. I'm not really sure why nothing I tried get's broken by this, but since it works soo well, I'm not gonna bother trying to figure out anymore. I think as long as the speedhack will work same way on arm, this game will be playable on mobiles now.Smile

Edit: The huge slowdown was fixed on latest version of ppsspp when this pull request was mergedSmile still leaving the speedhack here as while it's not needed anymore, still cuts cpu requirements by half in some places, might be usefull at least for android devices maybe not soo much for speed since people there are mostly limited by gpu, but at least for longer battery lifeSmile.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
04-29-2014, 06:15 AM
i had the 1.06 ver with eng patch. the game runs no problem but is very slow. it runs for 1-5 fps. im using the 0.9.8 build of ppsspp. anyhow. how does this speed hack work? i dont know how to input cheats on ppsspp
04-29-2014, 09:01 AM
@Niels Nielsen As I noted in the comment within the code window with cw cheat itself, I made it for v1.08 which is current latest and quite likely last version of this game released. Each game version that changes how the game works(meaning basically all updates) requires it's own memory hacks/cw cheats.

In short this means that if you don't update your game, do NOT even try using this hack, it'll for sure not work and might even crash the game or in other way corrupt it's memory.

04-29-2014, 11:50 AM
Thanks, the speedhack is awesome, the game runs really smooth on my pc now! Big Grin
04-29-2014, 12:56 PM
thanks for the heads up i will update my game.
08-05-2014, 10:47 AM (This post was last modified: 08-06-2014 11:06 AM by huntersylch.)
(03-03-2014 01:36 AM)darkjlc Wrote:  settings for android dual core?? please

settings for android dual core please...

All on on the below settings:

Buffered Rendering
Prevent FPS from exceeding 60
Mipmapping
Hardware transform
software skinning
vertex cache
lazy texture caching
disable slower effects
spline/bezier curves quality = low

upscale level = 3x
upscale type = hybrid
deposterize = on

anistropic filtering - 8x
texture filtering = linear

disable stencil test
texture coord speedhack

multithreaded
I/O on thread
change emulated PSP's CPU Clock = 80, or 75

PSP Model = psp 2000/3000

though it will still give you roughly 17-28 fps since this game is gpu intensive, but is fairly playable on the recent build v0.9.9-67-gb2ade10

Edit:

got this game running mostly 80-90% speed with my recent settings:

Buffered Rendering
Prevent FPS from exceeding 60

Rendering Resolution: 2x PSP

Mipmapping
H/W Transform
Software Skinning
Vertex Cache
Lazy Texture Caching
Retain Changed textures
Disable slower effects
Spline/Bezier curves = Low

Upscale Level = 3x
Upscale Type = xBRZ
Deposterize

Anistropic filtering = 16x
Texture Filtering = Auto

Timer Hack
Disable alpha test
Disable stencil test
Texture coord speedhack

Fast Memory
I/O on Thread
Emulated PSP's CPU Clock = 75/80

PSP Model = PSP2000/3000

Hope this helps android users

Samsung P6200 Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus
OS v4.1.2 (Jelly Bean, Stock & Custom ROM)
Mali-400 GPU , Exynos 4210 Chipset
Dual-core 1.2 GHz CPU
09-01-2014, 01:11 AM (This post was last modified: 09-01-2014 02:04 AM by XenoMonado.)
how to update game to v1.8 ? buy 8 DLC = v1.8 ??? i dont understand, on the PSP store it says there are 8 update data and 8 chapter data and about 13 DLC missions , im so confused ???
08-18-2015, 11:10 PM (This post was last modified: 08-18-2015 11:43 PM by lumune.)
If you're getting slowdowns when a lot of robots are on screen or when the screen changes far away to use MAP attacks then it may be because the Spline/Bezier Curves Quality is set to High (PPSSPP's default value).
You don't need frameskip to make this game run 60/60fps, just setting the Spline/Bezier Curves Quality to Medium or Low will get rid of the slowdowns.

Also, this game crashes the emulator on startup when using the 64bit setting Cache full ISO in RAM (slow startup).
Hope this helps.