Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PPSSPP windows problem?
07-18-2013, 12:26 AM
PPSSPP windows problem?
Every time I try to even click the application to start the ppsspp, it says that windows/ppsspp has encountered a problem and is searching for a solution, but a solution is never found.... I haven't even tried to load a game and thats what happens....
I'm terrible with computers, but here is my computer and graphics card.
(Pavilion g7 with windows 8)
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 series.

Should I try to download the ppsspp to my dads Mac, or what do you guys think the issue is? When I get home tonight, I can give you more info, but please tell me what else i need to give you so that you can help me. I can't give you any more info unless you tell me what else you need to know Smile
Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-18-2013, 01:00 AM (This post was last modified: 07-18-2013 01:20 AM by The Phoenix.)
RE: PPSSPP windows problem?
(07-18-2013 12:26 AM)Vanitas Wrote:  Every time I try to even click the application to start the ppsspp, it says that windows/ppsspp has encountered a problem and is searching for a solution, but a solution is never found.... I haven't even tried to load a game and thats what happens....
I'm terrible with computers, but here is my computer and graphics card.
(Pavilion g7 with windows 8)
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 series.

Should I try to download the ppsspp to my dads Mac, or what do you guys think the issue is? When I get home tonight, I can give you more info, but please tell me what else i need to give you so that you can help me. I can't give you any more info unless you tell me what else you need to know Smile
Thanks!
Is your PC a 32 bit or 64 Bit
If 32 bit here are the graphic drivers required on Windows 8 - 32 bit: http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/wi...sta32.aspx

OR

If 64 bit here are the graphic drivers required on Windows 8 - 64 bit: http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/wi...sta64.aspx

also download the latest PPSSPP version for your PC (32 / 64 Bit) from here: http://buildbot.orphis.net/ppsspp/index.php

Which at the time of writing this is: v0.8.1-612-gdf89065

Hope that helps...........
07-18-2013, 01:16 AM
It seems like it actually might! Thank you!
It says it works with AMD Raedon 4000, should it still work with AMD Raedon 4200? Mine IS a 64 bit, so Idk if I have the 64 bit version or not.
07-18-2013, 01:19 AM
(07-18-2013 01:16 AM)Vanitas Wrote:  It seems like it actually might! Thank you!
It says it works with AMD Raedon 4000, should it still work with AMD Raedon 4200? Mine IS a 64 bit, so Idk if I have the 64 bit version or not.
It sure will my friend, download the 64 bit version of drivers & good luck, but most of all, Have fun.........Cool
07-18-2013, 01:25 AM
PPSSPP has some problems with AMD/ATI graphics cards. Here's a thread you might want to look over.
07-18-2013, 01:30 AM
(07-18-2013 01:25 AM)CrimsonFangX Wrote:  PPSSPP has some problems with AMD/ATI graphics cards. Here's a thread you might want to look over.
Yes good point.......I had forgotten about this happening to those graphic cards.
07-18-2013, 02:07 AM (This post was last modified: 07-18-2013 02:23 AM by Vanitas.)
I'm installing the catalyst right now.. then I'm going to download the 64 bit version, and see what that does! The game I want to play was not on the list (Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep final mix) but I don't know if that means anything.

I got the software to work, but now the game stays on just a black screen... anyone know the problem with that?
07-18-2013, 02:31 AM
(07-18-2013 02:07 AM)Vanitas Wrote:  I'm installing the catalyst right now.. then I'm going to download the 64 bit version, and see what that does! The game I want to play was not on the list (Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep final mix) but I don't know if that means anything.

I got the software to work, but now the game stays on just a black screen... anyone know the problem with that?
Here is the thread for that game: http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=445
Looks like it should work, I don't have the game myself to test it.
07-18-2013, 03:44 AM (This post was last modified: 07-18-2013 05:14 AM by Vanitas.)
Cool! Going to try it later tonight! Thanks man!
It's working!!! Thank you so much! It has no sound, but I will figure out a way to fix it!
07-18-2013, 09:17 AM
(07-18-2013 03:44 AM)Vanitas Wrote:  Cool! Going to try it later tonight! Thanks man!
It's working!!! Thank you so much! It has no sound, but I will figure out a way to fix it!
Glad its working my friend, the audio should work also, unsure about this game, but in general it should.
You may have to download the audio plugin, by ticking the audio box, that reveals another box, tick that also, and download the plugin that pop's up on screen, that will automatically download it into the correct place. then go back to main menu where the game icons are again, and select that game again, should if you are lucky have audio as well. (Crosses fingers). Big Grin
07-18-2013, 03:30 PM (This post was last modified: 07-18-2013 03:33 PM by Vanitas.)
Okay, I got the FULL audio to work by changing a few setting around and downloading the plug in (thank you btw! Big Grin )
But, now theres another problem... no matter if I set the frameskipping on ANY number, it always makes the screen flicker. I turned framskipping off, but all that did was make the game supper jerky and messed up the audio. The game runs just fine with the frameskipping, but like i said, the screen flickers.... any idea what I should do?
07-19-2013, 05:28 AM
Sad RE: PPSSPP windows problem?
Help me, i can run all games i want but i have a problem to run Naruto Ultimate Ninja Heroes 3 on my ASUS X45A with Windows 8 Enterprise.it's automatically close when i try to run it...