Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PS2 Controller
07-17-2013, 08:57 PM
PS2 Controller
Hey guys, I am trying to use a PS2 controller, but I can't seem to get it to work with PPSSPP. I've tried using a few programs, but none of them have worked. Is there any way I can get the PS2 controller to work?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-17-2013, 10:54 PM
RE: PS2 Controller
(07-17-2013 08:57 PM)RelicWarrior Wrote:  Hey guys, I am trying to use a PS2 controller, but I can't seem to get it to work with PPSSPP. I've tried using a few programs, but none of them have worked. Is there any way I can get the PS2 controller to work?

Are you trying to connect wirelessly? I know you can do so with PS3, but are PS2 controllers even capable of doing that over bluetooth?

Perhaps a PS2 to USB controller would work.
07-18-2013, 12:23 AM
(07-17-2013 10:54 PM)theonyxphoenix Wrote:  
(07-17-2013 08:57 PM)RelicWarrior Wrote:  Hey guys, I am trying to use a PS2 controller, but I can't seem to get it to work with PPSSPP. I've tried using a few programs, but none of them have worked. Is there any way I can get the PS2 controller to work?

Are you trying to connect wirelessly? I know you can do so with PS3, but are PS2 controllers even capable of doing that over bluetooth?

Perhaps a PS2 to USB controller would work.

Well, the thing is, I have this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000F6B...UTF8&psc=1 and for some reason PPSSPP isn't recognizing it, either through XInput or DirectInput, which isn't making any sense to me. I don't know how to fix this, as technically it is "directly inputted" to the computer.
07-18-2013, 12:32 AM
Try this my friend, I also use a USB to PS2 connector for my PS2 Pad.

Make sure to untick 360 Pad controls & Pad Controls, but keep ticked the keyboard controls, then re-map your PS2 buttons/triggers to these controls as shown here.............

07-18-2013, 12:51 AM
I'm sorry if I'm being difficult, but I don't know where that is. The only place I could think of would be under the control settings, but this is all I have under mine. [Image: SDIyBXS.png]
07-18-2013, 01:05 AM
(07-18-2013 12:51 AM)RelicWarrior Wrote:  I'm sorry if I'm being difficult, but I don't know where that is. The only place I could think of would be under the control settings, but this is all I have under mine. [Image: SDIyBXS.png]

Looks like your using an old version of PPSSPP, look here: http://buildbot.orphis.net/ppsspp/index.php

Download latest daily build which is at time of writing this: v0.8.1-612-gdf89065
Make sure to download correct version for your PC.......IE is it 32 bit or 64 bit, if you are not sure download 32 bit version, works on both types of machine.
07-18-2013, 01:29 AM
So I downloaded the newest version, but don't know how to keymap. I also checked my controller using another emulator, and the controller works fine, I just have no idea how to keymap or anything like that. Sorry I'm being such a bother
07-18-2013, 01:46 AM (This post was last modified: 07-18-2013 01:49 AM by The Phoenix.)
(07-18-2013 01:29 AM)RelicWarrior Wrote:  So I downloaded the newest version, but don't know how to keymap. I also checked my controller using another emulator, and the controller works fine, I just have no idea how to keymap or anything like that. Sorry I'm being such a bother
Not a problem my friend, follow these instructions..........
Double click on PPSSPPWindows.exe in PPSSPP folder that you downloaded.
next click on settings / controls.........Then on Key Mapping.
Make sure Keyboard (1/3) is ticked, then click on next Untick 360 (2/3) then click on next Untick Pad (3/3) then click on next again back to Keyboard (1/3) then click on each grey square, top left being L1 on PS2 Pad, press in L1 on PS2 pad & click on save mapping that should now look like my screen shot "b7" , R1 is "b6" and so on, left analogue stick are the next 4 to the right of "b7"
Just to say I used the right analogue stick "R3" to return to the emulator pause menu, if that makes sense.
Remember to switch on the analogue button in the middle of the pad so it lights up then map the analogue axis up / down / left / right.
Any problems let me know..........
07-18-2013, 01:53 AM
I tried doing all that, but for some reason nothing like B1 or whatever comes up. This is what happens: [Image: ViSRTEg.png]
07-18-2013, 02:10 AM
(07-18-2013 01:53 AM)RelicWarrior Wrote:  I tried doing all that, but for some reason nothing like B1 or whatever comes up. This is what happens: [Image: ViSRTEg.png]
That is odd......Mmm......was there a driver CD disc with the USB lead, if so install those first then re-try.
07-18-2013, 02:30 AM
No, it didn't. But maybe there are different softwares I can use? This just doesn't make sense though because the controller works on PCSX2, so it should work on here. I'm so confused
07-18-2013, 03:00 AM (This post was last modified: 07-18-2013 03:17 AM by The Phoenix.)
(07-18-2013 02:30 AM)RelicWarrior Wrote:  No, it didn't. But maybe there are different softwares I can use? This just doesn't make sense though because the controller works on PCSX2, so it should work on here. I'm so confused
Try the Pad (3/3) screen instead of Keyboard (1/3) screen & see if that works.
After this i can't really help any more than this, can't think of anything else to try, hopefully someone else with better skills will be able to help you.

Update read this, http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?...9#pid36529 - I was NOT aware of this happening.
This maybe the reason my friend try earlier build on the PPSSPP downloads - http://buildbot.orphis.net/ppsspp/index.php - it says to use v0.8.1-566-gbb5a1e4 as the last version not to have problems.

I'm am off to bed now, so I hope you can get it to work my friend......Goodnight.
07-18-2013, 03:33 AM
I tried that and couldn't get it to work. Thanks for all your help though!
07-18-2013, 03:46 AM (This post was last modified: 07-18-2013 06:04 PM by Madara.)
I also use this adapter, try using its control on the right side of the adapter (>>>) .
I did it and worked.
07-18-2013, 04:14 AM
I'll be sure to try this! Do you use Game Pad, or Keyboard, or what?