Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
One question about WLAN
07-17-2013, 03:39 PM
One question about WLAN
I was thinking something lately, it is possible to add an option to set the WLAN on or off, even though lan play is not yet supported ? There are few games which require the wlan in order to play, even on solo (few examples are the group training quest on monster hunter 3rd, or lord of apocalypse wlan quest).

Since English is not my first language sorry for some misspelling on my posts
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-17-2013, 04:00 PM
RE: One question about WLAN
Enabling wlan with no proper implementation of adhoc capabilities will confuse the game and make it crash, for now you can either play games that work with wlan off or wait for coldbird to add his PRO online api.
07-17-2013, 04:02 PM
(07-17-2013 04:00 PM)livisor Wrote:  Enabling wlan with no proper implementation of adhoc capabilities will confuse the game and make it crash, for now you can either play games that work with wlan off or wait for coldbird to add his PRO online api.

I see, well thanks for the answer.

07-17-2013, 04:39 PM
Use real PSP or jpcsp to bypass that part, then continue again using PPSSPP. That's what I did.
07-17-2013, 05:26 PM
(07-17-2013 04:39 PM)cyclonmaster Wrote:  Use real PSP or jpcsp to bypass that part, then continue again using PPSSPP. That's what I did.

You know, I tried with lord of apocalypse using the jpcsp, but for some reasons when i transfer the saves from PPSSPP to JPCSP the save get corrupted, which is odd, since i did tranfer succesfully the saves contrariwise.

07-18-2013, 09:25 AM
Ppsspp encrypts the saves it generates Smile
07-18-2013, 07:57 PM
(07-18-2013 09:25 AM)livisor Wrote:  Ppsspp encrypts the saves it generates Smile

Yeah I figured that pretty much, that's why i enabled the option on jpcsp to read and write encrypted saves, but still the jpcsp can't read those saves :\

07-19-2013, 06:24 AM
I believe the encrypt save function can no longer be toggled on/off,if it could you could just load the encrypted one,turn off the encrypt and save again so you can transfer to jpcsp
07-19-2013, 08:41 AM (This post was last modified: 07-19-2013 08:41 AM by Gurlok.)
(07-19-2013 06:24 AM)livisor Wrote:  I believe the encrypt save function can no longer be toggled on/off,if it could you could just load the encrypted one,turn off the encrypt and save again so you can transfer to jpcsp

Mmm...It's been a long time since the last time I used the jpcsp, back then the encrpyption save feature was still present, I did use it to transfer the save from my psp into the emu. Maybe I need to check with a newer revision.