Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PSP - PPSSPP save
07-16-2013, 05:15 PM
PSP - PPSSPP save
I am trying to salvage my PSP save for Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness after my psp was bricked.
However I get an error after I load the save file in the emulator (yes, I enabled that setting that decodes the saves). The error is an empty dialogue box, no message.

I believe there is a discontinued save converter, though I have had trouble obtaining it. Will it even work?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-17-2013, 12:05 PM
RE: PSP - PPSSPP save
Try a save data from here http://www.gamefaqs.com/psp/935234-disga...ness/saves be sure to drop the folder into PPSSPP\Memstick\PSP\SAVEDATA
07-17-2013, 01:02 PM
u cant feel the pain AnimeReference is suffering 4m,after being desparate for loadin his savedata...

I don't exist anymore, no use calling a dead person
07-18-2013, 01:41 AM
(07-17-2013 12:05 PM)sfageas Wrote:  Try a save data from here http://www.gamefaqs.com/psp/935234-disga...ness/saves be sure to drop the folder into PPSSPP\Memstick\PSP\SAVEDATA

To test it or something? I'm only interested in my save.

(07-17-2013 01:02 PM)arg274 Wrote:  u cant feel the pain AnimeReference is suffering 4m,after being desparate for loadin his savedata...
Because I only tried after making this account?
I made the account so I could make this thread, I have no need for it otherwise.
07-18-2013, 01:02 PM
Yes,download a save file and test if it's working
07-19-2013, 05:14 PM
Where is that setting that is suppose to decode saves??? I didnt see one anywhere on PPSSPP.
07-20-2013, 05:53 AM
(07-19-2013 05:14 PM)peronmls Wrote:  Where is that setting that is suppose to decode saves??? I didnt see one anywhere on PPSSPP.

As far I know it's incorporated into the emu now, since it can read encrypted saves automatically.

Since English is not my first language sorry for some misspelling on my posts
07-20-2013, 01:37 PM
(07-20-2013 05:53 AM)Gurlok Wrote:  
(07-19-2013 05:14 PM)peronmls Wrote:  Where is that setting that is suppose to decode saves??? I didnt see one anywhere on PPSSPP.

As far I know it's incorporated into the emu now, since it can read encrypted saves automatically.

I dont think so. Kingdom hearts BBS says my saves are all corrupted.
07-20-2013, 02:17 PM
(07-20-2013 01:37 PM)peronmls Wrote:  I dont think so. Kingdom hearts BBS says my saves are all corrupted.

You are not the only one, I'm having hard time transfering saves aswell, but to only remove the encryption option would be quite illogical, while by forcing the emu to have only it people should have an easier life, not the opposite. Maybe it has to do with the CFW of the psp, remember how saves became incompatible when updating to a newer firmware? Most of not all the saved games using a cfw 3.85 became corrupted with a 5.50 prometeus, maybe the way ppsspp handles saves have something to do with it aswell.

Since English is not my first language sorry for some misspelling on my posts
07-21-2013, 03:27 PM
(07-20-2013 02:17 PM)Gurlok Wrote:  
(07-20-2013 01:37 PM)peronmls Wrote:  I dont think so. Kingdom hearts BBS says my saves are all corrupted.

You are not the only one, I'm having hard time transfering saves aswell, but to only remove the encryption option would be quite illogical, while by forcing the emu to have only it people should have an easier life, not the opposite. Maybe it has to do with the CFW of the psp, remember how saves became incompatible when updating to a newer firmware? Most of not all the saved games using a cfw 3.85 became corrupted with a 5.50 prometeus, maybe the way ppsspp handles saves have something to do with it aswell.
I honestly dont know. We wont know till someone tells us. Im asking everywhere. Nobody is giving me an answer. Im even asking outside the forums and getting nothing. Ill probably have to come back to PPSSPP some other time in the future and "MAYBE" someone could have an answer.
01-02-2024, 09:46 PM
So all my PSP saves are on my Playstation Classic with it's PPSSPP core. And because the PS Classic has no battery, everyday is groundhog day. I just want to get my achievements in FF Dissidia for playing for 7 days straight and 30 days overall. I could do that by leaving the system on for 30 days total with save states...

Between PPSSPP on PSC, Adrenaline on Vita, and PS3's PSP Remasters Launcher, no 2 systems have compatible saves. Each see another's as corrupted data. I'm sure the .SFO files have some corners cut in general, but it's more likely encryption vs raw data and then something else in between (seeing as there's 3 different systems that can't agree on the save format). Does anyone know which format is proper and how to do the necessary conversions? Thanks.
01-08-2024, 11:46 AM
I made the account so I could make this thread, I have no need for it otherwise.