Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
blue screen of death everytime trying to run any ppsspp game
07-17-2013, 06:43 PM (This post was last modified: 07-17-2013 06:45 PM by solarmystic.)
RE: blue screen of death everytime trying to run any ppsspp game
(07-17-2013 05:53 PM)xxthexonlyxacexx Wrote:  Actually mine is a desktop and it's a Windows 7. I found this pic on google because it looks like the blue screen I saw from my computer.

Processor is : AMD FX™-4100 Quad-Core Processor

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1.

I should put this in more detail, when I run the ppsspp the games are running normally for about 3-5 minute. After around five minutes of playing time the computer suddenly pop a blue screen of death.

You need to take a snapshot of the bluescreen as it happens. Perhaps by using a Phone camera.

It'll really help us help you figure out the exact cause of the crash if we knew what the faulty module is on the bluescreen, and we can only know that if we have a screenshot of the BSOD.

Either do that, or:-

1. Get this free program called Bluescreenview
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html

2. Make sure that your system is set to generate a minidump incase of a BSOD by heading to the Advanced System Settings (system properties) and under Startup and recovery, click on settings, and make sure "Write an event to the system log" is checked and "Automatically restart" is unchecked.

3. Also ensure that under the Write debugging information, the dropbox is set to Small memory dump.

4. Play your games on PPSSPP until it bluescreens. Take a picture of the bluescreen and then restart your PC manually

5. Open bluescreenview and check out the minidump file generated by the BSOD.

6. Post the details in your next post.

Thanks for your time.

PPSSPP Modern Testbed:-
Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.0 GHz
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 760 2GB GDDR5 VRAM @ 1138/6500 Mhz
16 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1600 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1

PPSSPP Ancient Testing Rig:-
Intel Core 2 Duo T9550 @ 2.8GHz
ATI Mobility Radeon 4670 1GB GDDR3 VRAM @ 843/882 MHz
8 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1066 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: blue screen of death everytime trying to run any ppsspp game - solarmystic - 07-17-2013 06:43 PM