Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.75 Average
[Discussion] 60FPS patches for PSP games that run at 30FPS
04-20-2015, 07:29 PM (This post was last modified: 04-23-2015 11:27 PM by Gehrich.)
RE: [Discussion] 60FPS patches for PSP games that run at 30FPS
(04-20-2015 05:14 PM)LunaMoo Wrote:  I don't really think correcting animation speed makes anything lighter since with same number of objects every frame the amount of work should be similar if not same.
You're right. Idk what I was thinking. The only way it would affect performance is if it reloads textures when they loop. The textures in this game are pretty heavy, though, so it may help.

I decided to work on other things today.
Brandish: The Dark Revenant, Danball Senki Boost, UFC Undisputed 2010, Ys Seven, and Nayuta no Kiseki work with "easy" method but go double speed. I'm gonna need to eventually bite the bullet and attempt to find speed modifiers.
Corrected the Patapon USA code. I tested for a very short period since I was able to reduce input lag.

Patapon test log
Scenes: The very start of the tutorial cannot be played in 60 fps. It fades from black fine, but it fades back and forth after reaching a certain point. It seems to require pressing O twice as fast to trigger the following scene, but that would be off rhythm.

Timing: Perfect timings seem to require more precision.

Enemies: Dragon in tutorial has double movement speed. His animation speeds are normal.

I don't think this game is benefiting much from 60 fps since the vast majority of the game is 2D animations. As far as I can tell, the only uses for this are smoother camera pan and adding a "hard mode" by making perfect timings tighter. I'll continue testing if someone really wants to fix the problems for such a small payout.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Discussion] 60FPS patches for PSP games that run at 30FPS - Gehrich - 04-20-2015 07:29 PM
Crash Of The Titans CW ULUS10304 - Mateus - 12-13-2021, 10:59 PM
IRON MEN ULUS10347 - Mateus - 12-18-2021, 12:18 AM