Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.75 Average
[Discussion] 60FPS patches for PSP games that run at 30FPS
03-23-2015, 12:27 PM
RE: 60FPS patches for PSP games that run at 30FPS
@About MH patches - sure, they require more work as I said neither was tested much, I only tested player speed and it's basic animations in village and during quest, npc's, felynes also both in village and during quest, normal monsters, main quest timer and fmv's, all of that should work at correct speed without bugs.
Things I missed will have to be additionaly corrected which I will try to do when I get some time and luck, might succeed or not, I'm taking a break, so for now you can try finding what I missed by yourself or wait patiently. I'll be working on 2nd G as first anyway since it might have same issues and solving them there, will hopefully make 3rd a bit easier.

Saying it's "2x not 60 fps" or "boss x skips frames" is not true thought as those things are separate and should not be confused. Unless you are typical japanese game developer you should never even link "fps" and "speed" in your mind, it's exactly because such awful thinking we have to correct speed after unlocking fps in most games. We should stand against, not promote it:C.
Anyway both of those games shows true 60fps even when the speed is doubled and that's a simple fact which anyone bored enough could check by setting a breakpoint in any place that runs once per frame and seeing changes.

I would add if someone wants lesser animations that has no effect on gameplay like water/wind/fire etc. to run at correct speed feel free to invest your own time trying to correct it and make separate patches for it. Might be easier because it might loop endlessly with one value, or harder because it might be just a 2D animation that can't be synchronized 60 times per second without repeating it, I have no plans for finding it out and will only invest further time into gameplay relevant stuff which I missed in initial patches.

--------------------------------------

@Kabuto_Kun if the second of your patch keeps 30 fps while only modifying speed when applied alone then you should probably check what your change actually does by following the code(using "step into" from the breakpoint in the place you patch) where it decides to branch based on what you did and try to understand what you actually did.

It might as well just be some fast forward that some game uses and it skips rendering instead of changing animation speed like for example FFXII IZJS feature on ps2(althrough games might have it to use on for example loading screens without giving a player time related featuresTongue), so it might be useless.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 60FPS patches for PSP games that run at 30FPS - LunaMoo - 03-23-2015 12:27 PM
Crash Of The Titans CW ULUS10304 - Mateus - 12-13-2021, 10:59 PM
IRON MEN ULUS10347 - Mateus - 12-18-2021, 12:18 AM