Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Game installation support
07-11-2013, 05:22 PM
Game installation support
Hello,

Does PPSSPP support the "install game" feature to shorten the loading times?
I tried it and it doesn't seem to move away from 0%.
Maybe it takes a whole while, but before I let it install an hour or stuff I wanted to ask if this is supported at all.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-11-2013, 05:38 PM
RE: Game installation support
The game is already on your hard drive, not on a disc. It's not necessary to do it...
07-11-2013, 05:45 PM (This post was last modified: 07-11-2013 05:47 PM by TheDax.)
(07-11-2013 05:22 PM)MasterQuestMaster Wrote:  Hello,

Does PPSSPP support the "install game" feature to shorten the loading times?
I tried it and it doesn't seem to move away from 0%.
Maybe it takes a whole while, but before I let it install an hour or stuff I wanted to ask if this is supported at all.

It's not supported, nor is it really needed. Your device's primary storage is basically guaranteed to be faster than a UMD drive or a 'decent' memory stick(for example, my PSP's memory stick only transfers at about 8MBytes/sec on a good day...).
The only reason I could think of to implement it at this point is to stop the games from hanging or crashing if you accidentally wander into their game data menus and choose to install it.

That said, I know some games require a data install(e.g. Peace Walker), but they don't use the functions that hang the game, as far as I know..

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
07-11-2013, 09:06 PM
Apart from the games that need the installation for spesific functions it´s completly unnecessary to copy the data from the iso to your memory stick, as that is what it would do on the emulator, the speed wont be affected.