• 1 Votes - 5 Average
spec between psp and android phones
07-07-2013, 04:26 PM
spec between psp and android phones
Most game i play on my android phone(galuxy note1) r too laggy
So i checked spec of psp

---------------------------------------------------------------------
PSP-3000
CPU : PSP CPU (System clock frequency 1-333MHz)
Main Memory : 64MB
Display : 4.3 inches (16:9) full-transparent type, TFT drive 480x272 pixel Approximately 16,770,000 colors displayed
Sound : Built-in stereo speakers
---------------------------------------------------------------------

only 64mb memory and 333 clock cpu?
I know there's more important parts too, but spec of psp is way lower than my phone.

What's the difference between psp and my phone?
I dont know computer programming, so i purely ask you why.
Is it a porting problem in progress to be repaired within short time?
Or this problem never cant be fixed, so i have to wait for years until more powerful phones come?

please tell me.

(Sorry for my bad English)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-07-2013, 06:34 PM
RE: spec between psp and android phones
This is the simplest explanation for emulation that also helped me understand it.Let's take your android phone as an example.Although it has higher specs you have to keep in mind that the phone is allocating a lot of the CPU power to run the Android OS and the other installed apps/processes.The psp emulator is running "on top" of the Android OS,simulating the presence of the PSP OS in a virtual way(as your phone doesn't have the same hardware a psp has).There was a rule on the internet that said you had to have 10X CPU than the emulated console.

The emulator currently runs most games at full speed on windows.People have reported 60fps as being easily achieveble on Note2,not sure how much weaker is the Note1 Smile
07-08-2013, 07:41 AM
RE: spec between psp and android phones
Most of the advantage the PSP still has over some current phones is that PSP games can access and control the PSP GPU directly without any thick API or compatibility layer in between, while Android apps have to use OpenGL ES 2.0, which is notoriously inefficient in a bunch of ways.