Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Sonic Stage
07-06-2013, 11:14 AM
Sonic Stage
How can I use sonicstage with PPSSPP if at all possible?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-06-2013, 11:27 AM
RE: Sonic Stage
Sonicstage is no longer necessary to play sounds in ppsspp.Just download the windows or android build,go to sound settings,make sure enable sound and enable at3 are enabled and download the at3 plugin Smile
07-06-2013, 11:42 AM
I know that, but I'd like to use sonicstage over at3 to see if I can get a particular games sound to play properly.
07-06-2013, 10:02 PM
Its still a work in progress, but most should or if the don't already.. will play most in future.

S TO DA G
07-07-2013, 03:38 AM (This post was last modified: 07-07-2013 03:45 AM by solarmystic.)
(07-06-2013 11:42 AM)Scootaloo Wrote:  I know that, but I'd like to use sonicstage over at3 to see if I can get a particular games sound to play properly.

I think the last "sonicstage" enabled build for PPSSPP that was created by oioitff is incredibly outdated, it's built based on 0.7.6.

He hasn't updated those builds anymore since the current at3+ implementation in ppsspp.

There are currently no hooks within the current ppsspp build that will let you use sonicstage with the emulator. The code doesn't exist.

Which means... you're out of luck, unless you can get @oioitff to update his sonicstage enabled builds.

EDIT:- If you REALLY want to try out those oldy moldy sonic stage ppsspp builds, you should check out this massive github issues page that oioitff created sometime ago but was closed since the native implementation:-

https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/pull/997

Scroll down to the very bottom for a link or two to his last builds.

EDIT2:- Here's one you can try that's a month old.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1ftGc2t...sp=sharing

A warning. Sonicstage only works for stereo at3+ audio. Mono at3+ audio requires another even harder to find plugin called at3tool.exe, which cannot be legally redistributed.

Honestly, the whole situation was so messy before this unified audio solution was conceived via a simple at3+ dll plugin.

PPSSPP Modern Testbed:-
Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.0 GHz
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 760 2GB GDDR5 VRAM @ 1138/6500 Mhz
16 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1600 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1

PPSSPP Ancient Testing Rig:-
Intel Core 2 Duo T9550 @ 2.8GHz
ATI Mobility Radeon 4670 1GB GDDR3 VRAM @ 843/882 MHz
8 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1066 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1
07-07-2013, 08:29 AM
(07-06-2013 11:42 AM)Scootaloo Wrote:  I know that, but I'd like to use sonicstage over at3 to see if I can get a particular games sound to play properly.

The decoder currently used is better than sonicstage, I wouldnt bother triying it, your sound wont be better.
For me the sound on PC is really good, I think it is only bad on devices that are to weak to emulate it at constant speed.
07-08-2013, 09:39 AM
(07-07-2013 08:29 AM)Apology11 Wrote:  
The decoder currently used is better than sonicstage, I wouldnt bother triying it, your sound wont be better.
For me the sound on PC is really good, I think it is only bad on devices that are to weak to emulate it at constant speed.

I'm not so sure about that. With the game I'm trying everything plays well, but the quality of audio sounds like absolute garbage. I tried playing the game on JPCSP, and though the video leaves it a lot to be desired the audio sounds near perfect and it uses soincstage.