Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What do you picture PPSSPP-1.0 to be like?
07-04-2013, 03:50 AM
What do you picture PPSSPP-1.0 to be like?
PPSSPP is not just simply a PSP emulator, it is also a community that thrives to make it better. We are still at pre-1.0 releases, and, to be honest, it's already breathtaking. Many games work at full speed on my puny Intel HD 3000 integrated graphics card in 1080p resolution! I'll imagine many compatibility issues would long be squashed by then. What do you picture 1.0 to be like? (Fingers crossed with Wi-fi support and internet multiplayer.)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-04-2013, 04:54 AM (This post was last modified: 07-04-2013 05:00 AM by Razorback.)
RE: What do you picture PPSSPP-1.0 to be like?
The same as it is currently. Just take a look at other emulators (PCSX2 comes in mind), there's not many improvements from 0.9.8 to 1.0 onwards, compatibility wise. Heck, instead later versions breaks some games that supposed to be fully playable in the previous version.
07-04-2013, 05:56 AM
(07-04-2013 04:54 AM)Razorback Wrote:  The same as it is currently. Just take a look at other emulators (PCSX2 comes in mind), there's not many improvements from 0.9.8 to 1.0 onwards, compatibility wise. Heck, instead later versions breaks some games that supposed to be fully playable in the previous version.

yeah,i could agree about pcsx2,there's not much changed since many games playable,i just could watch other people with totally powerful spec pc play the emu,i just can dream about playing it in my laptop which not powerful to play 3d games.ps2 has make a history by not getting other hardware running it games(it spec is really low from my own laptop),if there's skilled emulator out there,maybe the fullspeed emulation of ps2 can be realize like ppsspp,maybe someone just working on it or the fullspeed emulation on low pc is just totally ridiculous and will be history of ps2 emulation.only pcsx2 that comes to full capable emulation.if there's are new ps2 emulator with new coding style(not copied from pcsx2/from scratch also),then I will gladly contributing in his/her project.

long essay
82 marks
well done.

my sub weapon:
xperia mini hd
1ghz scorpion
single core
not clocked

my ultimate weapon
acer(laptop)
2.2ghz ?core
intel media accelarator 3000

i'm a tester,but not as good as other,please be kind with me,haha.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-04-2013, 08:46 AM (This post was last modified: 07-04-2013 08:46 AM by vnctdj.)
(07-04-2013 03:50 AM)zack793 Wrote:  PPSSPP is not just simply a PSP emulator, it is also a community that thrives to make it better. We are still at pre-1.0 releases, and, to be honest, it's already breathtaking. Many games work at full speed on my puny Intel HD 3000 integrated graphics card in 1080p resolution! I'll imagine many compatibility issues would long be squashed by then. What do you picture 1.0 to be like? (Fingers crossed with Wi-fi support and internet multiplayer.)

Don't be impatient, you just have to wait and see... Wink

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
07-06-2013, 09:06 PM
To be fair, PCSX2 0.9.8 vs 1.0 brings a new world of speed and compatibility.
That is the most important thing in an emulator.

And more the than that, brings some features for people looking for eye candy (MSAA, FXAA, Shaders, saturation\brightness slider, etc).

For PPSSPP, for now I'm looking just for compatibility and bug fixes (speed will come in time).
Since 1.0 is a little far from view, would be nice have shaders for him as well. Smile