Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PPSSPP ANDROID GAMEPAD
07-03-2013, 01:25 PM
PPSSPP ANDROID GAMEPAD
Hey everyone,

I recently saw a video on YouTube and the user was playing PPSSPP on Android with a Wiimote. I know the app doesn't have controller mapping options but I was thinking about using a classic controller through my Wiimote to play some games. I'm not really experienced in this area but If someone could give me some good instructions I'm sure I'd be able to figure it out. Thanks for any feedback!!!

And thanks for making PPSSPP!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-03-2013, 09:44 PM
RE: PPSSPP ANDROID GAMEPAD
(07-03-2013 01:25 PM)Ryano33 Wrote:  Hey everyone,

I recently saw a video on YouTube and the user was playing PPSSPP on Android with a Wiimote. I know the app doesn't have controller mapping options but I was thinking about using a classic controller through my Wiimote to play some games. I'm not really experienced in this area but If someone could give me some good instructions I'm sure I'd be able to figure it out. Thanks for any feedback!!!

And thanks for making PPSSPP!

You can probably remap the buttons with GameKeyboard app. I use this:

http://steelseries.com/products/other/st...controller

and remap the buttons with the app and it works fine.
07-03-2013, 09:59 PM
they implemented android keymapping today. Working like a charm with llega bluetooth controller Big Grin
07-03-2013, 10:34 PM
Awesome. I'll have to grab that.
07-04-2013, 01:48 AM
Are you sure it works with ipega controller? I can mapped all but not dpad button.
07-04-2013, 01:59 AM (This post was last modified: 07-04-2013 02:24 AM by theonyxphoenix.)
The newest build worked with keymapping my gamepad. No more need for GameKeyboard which is nice.

EDIT: I cannot get the up keep mapped to the DPAD. It keeps using the L-button mapping and it says that the Key is already used

EDIT II: http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=4563; look like for the time being I'll wait for the powers that be to fix this Smile .
07-04-2013, 03:47 AM
Does wiimote realy works on all android devices?
07-04-2013, 04:12 AM
(07-04-2013 03:47 AM)mammoth Wrote:  Does wiimote realy works on all android devices?

As long as it has bluetooth capabilities.
07-05-2013, 03:39 AM
Thanks.
07-05-2013, 04:06 PM
So with GameKeyboard do I need to root my phone to set the touchscreen controls to my Wii Classic Controller? The description on Google Play is a little vague....

I really don't want to root, especially if the team is working on implementing gamepad support. Thanks for any feedback!
07-05-2013, 08:19 PM
(07-05-2013 04:06 PM)Ryano33 Wrote:  So with GameKeyboard do I need to root my phone to set the touchscreen controls to my Wii Classic Controller? The description on Google Play is a little vague....

I really don't want to root, especially if the team is working on implementing gamepad support. Thanks for any feedback!

If you don't want to root then I would suggest just waiting until the control bugs are fixed by the development team.