Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PS Vita Emulator For PC
05-26-2017, 08:29 PM
PS Vita Emulator For PC
Wasn't sure where to post this so I'm doing it here. Sorry if I am posting it in the wrong place. I was just thinking that the ppsspp emulator is on the verge of perfection. It is almost perfect the way it is and since the latest hype is all about ps vita, maybe the ppsspp team, which so dedicatedly built a psp emulator which was considered to be impossible at that time, would make a ps vita emulator and astonish the entire world? I mean most people would pay for a ps vita emulator. The development of an unnamed 3ds emulator took some years but they were received with much enthusiasm and got donations(money+ old 3ds) for their work. I'm sure you guys would receive more support because ps vita is popular than 3ds. The games are more fun too. Its true with the controls of ps vita(the touch screen, the additional stick), figuring out how it works, it might be difficult to replicate such ann emulator but ppsspp team would be well received. All in all I would support you till the very end. Cheers!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-27-2017, 12:02 AM
RE: PS Vita Emulator For PC
Ummmm.... the controls are the smallest issue.
Here are a small list of bigger issues

1. The architecture of the main chipset is completely different (psp - mips, vita - arm)
2. The psp was cracked long long ago and as far as I know you can not make a backup and run it on a physical vita currently which would be a bare minimum starting point for making an emulator. Well you can make an unrunnable (even on the vita that dumped it) encrypted backup.

So really a vita emulator would mainly be able to run vita homebrew (and maybe psp homebrew), but you can just make those games for android or pc or any platform and not incur the penalty for trying to run it inside an emulated system.
05-27-2017, 07:23 AM (This post was last modified: 05-27-2017 07:24 AM by ARIAN NUHAN.)
So..Its like porting ps vita games for pc is easier than making an emulator for vita and running all the games universally? As in not even a physical dump, in the case of 3ds, could help? I had no idea really.

So in other words, its next to impossible(or really difficult) to make a ps vita emulator, is that it?
07-30-2017, 05:19 PM (This post was last modified: 08-01-2017 01:12 PM by emulatorboy.)
Hey everyone,

I was trying to find a PS Vita Emulator aswell and I came across this website called PSVEP at https://psvep.com but the download button gives me an error and it doesn't look very legit to me either.. What do you guys think?
07-30-2017, 06:53 PM
(07-30-2017 05:19 PM)emulatorboy Wrote:  Hey everyone,

I was trying to find a PS Vita Emulator aswell and I came across this website called PSVEP but the download button gives me an error and it doesn't look very legit to me either.. What do you guys think?

There is no Vita emulator. All the places that offer downloads are most probably just viruses.

Everything is Hitsuzen!
07-31-2017, 02:15 PM
Moved.

Phones: Poco F3 8GB/256GB (Snapdragon 870 5G) and Redmi Note 6 Pro 4/64GB (Snapdragon 636)

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 / 16GB RAM DDR4 3600MHz / NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti 6GB / Windows 10 Pro
12-11-2017, 04:21 PM
(12-11-2017 01:15 PM)Zimmerer Wrote:  
(07-30-2017 06:53 PM)Asferot Wrote:  
(07-30-2017 05:19 PM)emulatorboy Wrote:  Hey everyone,

I was trying to find a PS Vita Emulator aswell and I came across this website called PSVEP but the download button gives me an error and it doesn't look very legit to me either.. What do you guys think?

There is no Vita emulator. All the places that offer downloads are most probably just viruses.

Thanks for the heads up, Asferot. How do you recognize something's not legit like that by the way? Are there telltale signs?

Simple really. Emulation scene/community is really open and they love to discuss the new emulators. If no one on the internet has heard about "insert obvious scam emulator here" thing, then it is 100% scam. No buts or maybes. If there is no news on the usual emulation news sites or r/emulation on Reddit, it means that thing is a scam.

Everything is Hitsuzen!
12-12-2017, 05:55 AM
Especially if it is the first emulator for a system. Those get people's interest so much that occasionally even scams make the emulation news before people find out. So for a new emulator emulating a system that has never been emulated before I don't recomend being the first person to try it out (unless you are using a virtual machine or a PC your about to do a wipe and full install on that is not hooked up to the internet).
02-02-2018, 06:19 AM
Thank you.
02-02-2018, 02:00 PM
The first emulator for PS Vita to exist is Vita3K all others are fake(unless proved otherwise)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-29-2018, 03:06 AM
(02-02-2018 02:00 PM)MorrisonGamer Wrote:  The first emulator for PS Vita to exist is Vita3K all others are fake(unless proved otherwise)
Just curious, have you tried it?
06-29-2018, 02:11 PM
(06-29-2018 03:06 AM)dalpro Wrote:  
(02-02-2018 02:00 PM)MorrisonGamer Wrote:  The first emulator for PS Vita to exist is Vita3K all others are fake(unless proved otherwise)
Just curious, have you tried it?

There is nothing to try yet. As far as I know it does not even run any commercial games. At least it did not few months ago.

Everything is Hitsuzen!
11-29-2023, 07:50 AM
Hi, I just finished installing a PS Vita 3K emulator, and immediately, I got the error [logging::init::<lambda_2>::operator ()]: Unhandled C++ exception. Bad conversion. Any suggestions?"